Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a special song...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
...for your kids? I sing "I'll Be" to DD before bed because I'm cheesy, haha. By my special song for her will always be, "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz. I sang it to her for months when I had ppd, and felt like I was losing it. So what's yours?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
neveragain17
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I sing a Bruno Mars song to my girls... I always forget the name...

**just the way you are** lol I just remembered
JealousGrrl
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I sing the song "wonderful tonight" to dd sometimes. it's be Elton john and my dad used to sing it to me and my sis.
tattooedmama333
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd for my son

Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles for my youngest daughter

Fucking Perfect by Pink for my oldest daughter

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I sing "hushabye mountain" from chitty chitty bang bang at night for my girls. That was my favorite movie as a child and I always (even as a 5 year old) planned to sing that to my future children lol. In the morning I sing a good morning song to them that I made up
PinkOwlStuffy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Dela, dela ngyanya dela = Content, content I am content
Dela, sondela mama, sondela = Closer, closer, come closer mama

OklahomaWifey
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Yes! All four of my girls have a song. My oldest daughter's. Song is 'When I Die' by No Mercy. Weird song for a child, but my labor and delivery was scary and I almost died, twice. My 2nd daughter's song is 'God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You' Alabama's. Version. I love Alabama and the song fits so good! My 3rd daughter's song is like yours to your daughter 'I'll Be' by Reba. It's her ringtone for me on her phone so when I call she says it's like I'm singing it to her. Lol. And my youngest daughter's song is 'I Hope You Dance' by Leeann Womack. My daughter was born at 28 weeks and almost didn't make it. I was having a hard time picking a song for her so I called the dedication line that Delilah does for 'Lite Rock' and told her my story and she picked the song for me. It fit perfect. :)
katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Boston by Augustana. I sang it all the time when I was pregnant, and after he was born, it was the only song that could get him to sleep. He still loves when I sing it to him. He also loves when I sing Somewhere Only We Know by Keane.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I FUCKING LOVE DELILAH.

Quoting OklahomaWifey:

Yes! All four of my girls have a song. My oldest daughter's. Song is 'When I Die' by No Mercy. Weird song for a child, but my labor and delivery was scary and I almost died, twice. My 2nd daughter's song is 'God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You' Alabama's. Version. I love Alabama and the song fits so good! My 3rd daughter's song is like yours to your daughter 'I'll Be' by Reba. It's her ringtone for me on her phone so when I call she says it's like I'm singing it to her. Lol. And my youngest daughter's song is 'I Hope You Dance' by Leeann Womack. My daughter was born at 28 weeks and almost didn't make it. I was having a hard time picking a song for her so I called the dedication line that Delilah does for 'Lite Rock' and told her my story and she picked the song for me. It fit perfect. :)

OklahomaWifey
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Yep. She's pretty awesome!

Quoting katemckenzie:

I FUCKING LOVE DELILAH.

Quoting OklahomaWifey:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
You are my sunshine is what I sing to all my babies as a lullabye.

But as far as a real song, for my dd its "like my mother does, and fight like a girl."

For my son it's "you'll always be my baby"

And for my stb adopted son i don't have one yet. Still waiting for the perfect one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)