Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think teens can have safe sex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old dd began having sex this summer with her boyfriend.  Our gyn put her on depoprovera and said that as long as they used condoms everytime there would be virtually no chance of pregnancy. My dd has promised me that they always use condoms so I guess I shouldn't be worrying.  Do your teens always use two forms of bc?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Don't have teens, I did as a teen.

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

GarysWife1991
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Although I don't think it's 100% it's probably as safe as they can be.  I always stress 2 forms of bc for my oldest and have not had any pregnancy scares, but there still is that slim chance.  Plus they need to know that condoms need to be used properly.

flaquitabss
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont believe teenagers have the "mature" ability to separate sex from love.  Specially girls, wich leaves them VERY vulnerable to pain.  Emotional Pain.   A teen might know alot about birth control, or STDs, but I don't believe they are mature enough to choose right from wrong fully yet.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I don't have a teen. But when I was a teen dh and I were very irresponsible. We had unprotected sex a lot. thankfully I didn't get pregnant until I was 22. My mum didn't talk to me about sex a lot. Keep your daughter informed, so many teens get pregnant because they aren't thinking.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Agreed.
Our teens don't have sex, and have no access to BC any way. (Not a normal thing where they live)

Quoting flaquitabss:

I dont believe teenagers have the "mature" ability to separate sex from love.  Specially girls, wich leaves them VERY vulnerable to pain.  Emotional Pain.   A teen might know alot about birth control, or STDs, but I don't believe they are mature enough to choose right from wrong fully yet.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM

No amount of birth control would ever make me breath a sigh of relief if my daughters ever do have sex.

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I have a 21yo that still believes (according to a message that accidentally got sent to me without her knowledge) that by having sex with someone you can make them love you...It's definetely the reason why I keep her mega close to me. (She's ASD amongst a few other disabilities so I pretend that's why).

Quoting flaquitabss:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM

At 15, no... all she needs to hear is him wanting to try without a condom once is all it'll take. Will she buckle under the pressure to keep her bf?

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM
YES!! He does and so does she, I asked her mom
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Well...i managed to not get pregnant until I was an adult. I have never had an std either.

Im going to say its possible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN