Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who have beat the odds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
And gotten through a bad situation by

Going to school
And/or getting a job
And/or making a new way for yourself in life somehow

How did you cope while you were working on it?

How did you avoid confrontation?

How did you motivate yourself?

Tell me your story.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Still working on it myself...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM
What are you doing?

How do you stay peaceful in a tough situation?
And how do you not fall into the trap of "things will get better in your current situation if you know they have to change?

Quoting Anonymous:Still working on it myself...
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM
What kind of bad situation?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
How did you cope while you were working on it? I'm not sure to be honest. I look back and I'm not sure how I did it sometimes.

How did you avoid confrontation? I'm not sure I understand this.

How did you motivate yourself? I woke up every day telling myself I refused to be any more of a statistic than I was.

Tell me your story.

I lost my dad at 16, he was abusive to me anyway, but when he died I was homeless. I had my dd a year later. Her "dad" took off 6 months later. It was just me and her.

I did meet my amazing now husband when she was 1 1/2 but he didn't live with us for some time.

She was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy when she was 2. I have been through being laid off twice. You name it.

I manage to keep my head up because I have no choice. My dd is always looking. I know tomorrow is a new day with new opportunity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Like a relationship that isn't working but you can't immediately leave.

Quoting MountieMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:45 AM
I have a job now...and quickly am making my way to a salary job.

Things are never peaceful.

I just keep my mind set that things can't always stay bad if you are actively trying to make them better.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you doing?

And how do you not fall into the trap of "things will get better in your current situation if you know they have to change?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Sensational!

The confrontation part I guess was meaning if you were in a crappy relationship and you couldn't immediately leave. Like you had to prepare first.

Your story is amazing though. You have beat the odds a few times and you do have to just keep looking up everyday.

Thanks

Quoting justpeachy71904:

How did you cope while you were working on it? I'm not sure to be honest. I look back and I'm not sure how I did it sometimes.

How did you motivate yourself? I woke up every day telling myself I refused to be any more of a statistic than I was.

Tell me your story.

I lost my dad at 16, he was abusive to me anyway, but when he died I was homeless. I had my dd a year later. Her "dad" took off 6 months later. It was just me and her.

I did meet my amazing now husband when she was 1 1/2 but he didn't live with us for some time.

She was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy when she was 2. I have been through being laid off twice. You name it.

I manage to keep my head up because I have no choice. My dd is always looking. I know tomorrow is a new day with new opportunity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:47 AM
"things can't always stay bad if you are actively trying to make them better"

Nice : )

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a job now...and quickly am making my way to a salary job.

Things are never peaceful.

I just keep my mind set that things can't always stay bad if you are actively trying to make them better.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Or, a time when it would have been easier to quit or just give up

Quoting MountieMama:

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Well you know, it is only as bad as you let it be. And I am not going to Ley anything be that bad.

I have lost jobs and homes. But I still have my life, health and family. I am very blessed in so many ways. I have a stable career now and my husband has a stable career.

I am a firm believer in putting positive gives in the atmosphere

Quoting Anonymous:

Sensational!

The confrontation part I guess was meaning if you were in a crappy relationship and you couldn't immediately leave. Like you had to prepare first.

Your story is amazing though. You have beat the odds a few times and you do have to just keep looking up everyday.

Thanks

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Tell me your story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)