Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hit kid in driveway! Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am a very cautious driver. There never anyone in my one way driveway(I'm at the end). This morning my Older ds wanted a ride as well getting the Los to school. I backed up like always and saw the neighbor boy in the rearview mirror. I don't hit him but could have. What do I say to his parents if they yell at me? I didn't se his parents when I came back. Now that I've had time to think about it I should be more careful. But I was looking when I backed up. I was looking at my neighbors car to get around it. I was looking in the middle of the driveway. The kid came from the side my blind spot. He must have kept walking even though I was clearly backing up.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Tell them to keep an eye on their kid and teach him not to stand in the driveway. You didn't do anything wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM

tell them to keep their kid out of y driveway.

PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Something along the lines of..

" Teach your kid it isn't safe to play in people's driveways. Next time, I'll pave him into the cement with my car. "

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM
You should always look behind and be aware of what is around you before backing up. Always. It doesn't matter that there is "never" anyone in your driveway.

If the parents say something, say that you are sorry and that you should have been more aware.

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Tell them to keep an eye on their kid, and teach the child not to just randomly stand in drive ways.

SyllabaryBisque
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

This.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You should always look behind and be aware of what is around you before backing up. Always. It doesn't matter that there is "never" anyone in your driveway.

If the parents say something, say that you are sorry and that you should have been more aware.

christina0607
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Tell them you'll be more careful from now on and always be turned around, like you are supposed o be while backing up. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I back my car in. It makes it so much easier to pull out. I agree with Trouser on this. Dont get bitcy telling them watch their kid. He could be 15 for all we know. OP never gave his age.,

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Shakes head yes, pretty much

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

This.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)