Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another day; another dollar.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Or, in my case:

Another day; another dollar--evntually.

I am sick and tired of working for pay that will come eventually.

Payday is on the 11th. I've been working the entire time but emergency management is affected by shutdown in the sense we still work; but get no pay.

9 days. 9 days of working for pay I don't know when I will see. 4 bills paid with money pulled from a dwindling savings. Groceries that will be paid from money pulled from a dwindling savings.
I'm over it. As much as my savings is over being yanked from. At this rate Thanksgiving will be popcorn and hamburger helper.

:/
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I can't be alone here.
WowIllbeamom11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM
DH is in the national guard that's 200 we're not going to see, I got laid off from job ”temporarily” due to lack of work. Dh's civilian job cut his hours. I would find another job but I'm in my third trimester, due in mid December. We have to move out of our place and into MILs basement probably at least until baby gets here. No, you're not alone. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I got an other job while this all settles. Fuck that. Once I see my coworkers getting payed again, I'll come back from vacation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I wish I had that option! :-(

Our last check only went to the 30th so it was small.

I hate this. A lot of people in my office are getting frustrated. We can't collect unemployment like furloughed employees because we are still working and will get back pay.

I'm just looking at our savings and knowing that we can make it last through the middle of.November but after that we will be up the creek.

I can extend us to mid December if shutdown still lasts until November by using the Christmas savings money that will be coming end of November.

Its just wrong on so many levels.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)