Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home alone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
At what ages is it ok at these times? 15 minutes? an hour? 8 hours? 24 hours? multiple days?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I dont know. I do know that my kids won't be home alone for any amount of time, even 15 minutes, until they're at least 10. I dont know if I'll ever be comfortable leaving my children alone for multiple days, unless they still live with me after they're 18.

It also highly depends on the child's maturity level and trustworthiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Bump.
.PinkHart.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM
All depends on the age, maturity level and circumstances.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

This...our girls are 9 and 6.  At this age, maybe a few minutes.  There have been a couple of instances where I didn't have something to put in what I was making for dinner and I've ran down to Dollar General (10 blocks away).  I was there and back in 10 minutes.  Longer than that, not yet.   Maybe soon, we'll see.  The oldest turns 10 in 2 weeks and is BEGGING for us to leave them alone while we go on a dinner date.  

Quoting .PinkHart.:

All depends on the age, maturity level and circumstances.

pinkfairy0206
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
my oldest daughter is 11 and she has never been left home alone. I don't know when I will ever feel comfortable with it. by the time I was the age 5 I was already left home alone. my brother is 19 months older and we got into a lot of trouble. she is very mature for her age and its not her that I would be worried about its just the what if that bothers me.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Idk, my oldest is only 8. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)