Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

acid reflux in 3-year olds???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Is this common???

Ds just turned 3 and hes complaining that his throat hurts after he burps.

He just told me that he burped and had pain today but hes been saying he hurt for days.

I chalked it up to the weather but now i feel so bad! He had something like this as a baby but it went away. :-(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pwaldschmidt
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My middle dd had acid reflux when she was less than a year old. I took her to the Dr. And he gave her a script for it. She's now almost 8 and doesn't have it.
alc4evermom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Food allergies or food intolerance can develope at young ages.  Drugs may mask symptoms but will not cure the underlying problem.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Ya he had pepcid drops from 3 months to 6months but not anymore. This has only been the last few weeks.

:-(

Quoting pwaldschmidt:

My middle dd had acid reflux when she was less than a year old. I took her to the Dr. And he gave her a script for it. She's now almost 8 and doesn't have it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Hes intollerent to red and green food color. Doesnt make him puke but makes him crazy and upsets his belly really bad.

Quoting alc4evermom:

Food allergies or food intolerance can develope at young ages.  Drugs may mask symptoms but will not cure the underlying problem.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
It's not uncommon for reflux to continue into childhood or even adulthood.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Sounds like acid reflux, time to make that doctors appointment

drowningmama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Yep its common. My son has this. You should take him to the dr because because it could cause his throat to swell shut.
ramita
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Yeah it can come and go for kids. I'd get him an appointment with his Dr and in the meantime I'd give him some meds. You can usually find some stuff for kids with acid reflux type problems at walmart. It'll help him until you're able to speak to his Dr. Also, keep track of if its all the time or just after certain things he eats/drinks because it could just be he needs a slight dietary change.
shyanntech
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

heck i found out when my 4 year old was 6 mos old he had acid reflex.. long story short it was not good at all when i found out.. but hes almost over it now..

we also see a ped gasto dr. and allarge... every 6 mos to a year with this little guy..

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

A lot of acid reflux comes from various illnesses that disturb the stomach, but it can also come from diet, a diet high in starch and sugar causes a lot of excess acidity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)