Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know your kids are getting older when...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 37 Replies
You no longer know the pediatrician's phone number by heart. You buy your car thinking that your kid will drive it one day. They no longer call it playdates. They make fun of old timer things you say (my kids think its hysterical when I say book bag for backpack and ditto for worksheet. My kids are 13 and 12, how old are yours and add to my list!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AthenaRadhaGaia
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm i grew up saying book bag. Seemed most people used either term
SLGross215
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD is 16 (born in 97). My DH, DD and myself were sitting on the patio not too long ago listening to pandora, and an awesome song from the 90's cames on. She says "this is old people music" LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol "old classics" is what the youngins call the 90's music nowadays

Quoting SLGross215:

My DD is 16 (born in 97). My DH, DD and myself were sitting on the patio not too long ago listening to pandora, and an awesome song from the 90's cames on. She says "this is old people music" LOL

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
They call you up and ask for THAT recipe, because he's going to cook for his wife!!
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this
LOL Our 17 year old knows what classics are and they definitely aren't from the 90's!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol "old classics" is what the youngins call the 90's music nowadays

Quoting SLGross215:

mariesmama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

at 4,she can finally tell me what she wants to be for halloween and what she wants for christmas

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
When they call and aak your advice on building a pricvacy fence for his and wifes new home.
kidslovemom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I'm born 1970 so for us a book bag was a canvas bag that had some random thing printed on the side that you used for years.  My kids have a back pack, literally the thing that you wear in your back.  They very much are entertained when I say "grab your book bag and let's go."

Quoting AthenaRadhaGaia:

Hmmm i grew up saying book bag. Seemed most people used either term

romalove
by SakePrincess on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

....when you are buying them bras

....when you are buying them shaving implements

....when you are signing their driver ed permission slips

....when you watch them trying on their prom dress (I cried lol)

....when you see them walking at graduation

kidslovemom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I've dorkified my kids, they know all 80s and 90s music.  We used to play a game when listening to the 80s and 90s station on satelitte to figure out how old was I when the song came out (since I'm born in 1970, it's easy) for mental math (they show the year of release on there).  We also play " who is the band" in the car and after they guess, I can flip it so it shows the info.

Quoting SLGross215:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)