Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of being pregnant!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm 37, almost 38, weeks and I am tired of being pregnant. I feel guilty for feeling this way, but I just can't stand it. The achy tailbone and hips, the calves cramping up in the middle of the night, the cramps in my pelvic area for hours at a time, not wanting to have sex one bit with my husband, and etc...all of it. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited and happy and thankful that I am going to be a first time mommy to a beautiful baby girl that I already love so dearly, but I am just tired of pregnancy. Does it always feel this way around this time in pregnancy? It's so bad that everything around me is irritating. My dh gets on my nerves, my step kids, my family, and the little things around the house that still need to be done! My midwife even gets on my nerves. She tells me to walk 30 mins to an hour daily, but all that does is put my tailbone in so much pain that I cannot sleep. I know some of you are going to say that I did this to myself so get over it, but I do not care! I need some ideas or encouragement to get past this stage.. I'm afraid something like this could put me into ppd. I've heard that even the most excited moms can get it!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM
But you're so close!

We all fell that way in the end, hugs!

I'm tired of being pregnant and I'm 12 weeks.. I just got out of the hospital though... Dehydration and hallucinations (due to severe dehydration).. 4 bags of fluids in 8 hours, then upkeep..

Sucks!

But you're so close! I'm so excited for you! Baby will be there before you know it
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I'm going on 36 weeks and I'm the same age as you
Pregnancy can get exhausting for anyone!
She's almost here so hang in there cause luckily pregnancy doesn't last forever
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Dude, we all get tired of pregnancy at the end... I'm tired of it and I'm still a few months away. Don't feel guilty. Keel positive thoughts about how.exciting it will be, drink extra.water for the cramping and give yourself little treats to keep things light. 

Karopie_99
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I'm due in 12 days with my 4th. I know how you feel! I'm so uncomfortable I just want baby out. I miss sleep! I know with a newborn I won't get much, but atleast I can be comfortable again! I'm so huge right now no mattef how I sit or lay I'm uncomfortable. But soon enough you will have baby in your arms. Try to enjoy the last bit of time you have. I know after I had my kids, I missed feeling the move and grow. But was much happier when they were outside!
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
It's normal.

In a few years you'll miss it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Everyone feels like that, so you're in good company.

I hated being pregnant for every minute of it. I was sick, I was in pain, and with my second I had contractions every 5-7 minutes for FOUR WEEKS. My youngest is almost 9 months and I most definitely do not miss being pregnant ever. And my tubes are tied, so barring divine intervention, I'll never have to do it again :)

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
It's normal to feel that way.

Honestly the physical pain can get worse with each pregnancy.
julainepw
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally normal. Don't feel bad about it. I was pretty much done at 7 months. It is not an indication of being prone to PPD. There is an adjustment period to after baby is born and your new role but for me and most others the good far outweighs the bad. Once your lo is here it will be exciting and fun. Just seeing that little face makes you feel amazing. The tough days are when you are sick. You're almost there and you'll be glad once pregnancy is over and baby time is here. There are a lot of supportive people here and hopefully in your "real" life. Try to focus on the excitement of holding your little love soon and don't worry about the exercise if it is too much for you. :)
eyes_on_jesus
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement! I knew I wasn't alone, but I didn't know that I'd get much encouragement. I'm trying to keep my head high! And I am still really excited to meet her!:)
myreaffetto
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I am only 17 weeks and I am already tired with being pregnant. This pregnancy has been the easiest and yet it has been the less celebrated.

Think of it like this "you made it this far, what's a couple of more weeks or less?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)