Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does an ear infection feel like?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
My right ear hurts. A lot. It feels almost raw and I jave a headache on the right side of my head. My ear hurts when I swallow too. I popped some ibuprofen. How bad does it have to be to require antibiotics? I feel fine and I'm not running a fever.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Not sure, but it's not necessarily an infection. Dd's ears just hurt and get a little red sometimes if it's cold or windy. I will say though, I ignored an ear infection once and ended up not being able to hear for about 3 weeks. I'd just say if it gets worse or you spike a fever, see your doc.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I know when I have an ear infection, probably because I've had so many of them. If your ear starts hurting bad enough to make you cry, it's probably an ear infection.

lazycamper
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Break out the garlic and olive oil, Hon. Luke warm olive oil, put it in a dropper and fill your ear. A cotton ball to keep it in. Lay down for a bit to let it soak. If you have fresh garlic, add some juice to the mix. You must likely do not need antibiotics if you do this faithfully, for a few days. Some docs say they are ineffective, anyway.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Its not that bad. ..just bad enough to aggravate me. Thanks!!

Quoting wooly:

I know when I have an ear infection, probably because I've had so many of them. If your ear starts hurting bad enough to make you cry, it's probably an ear infection.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Really? I'm about to marinate chicken for souvlaki so I have garlic and olive oil....I will try it. Thanks!

Quoting lazycamper:

Break out the garlic and olive oil, Hon. Luke warm olive oil, put it in a dropper and fill your ear. A cotton ball to keep it in. Lay down for a bit to let it soak. If you have fresh garlic, add some juice to the mix. You must likely do not need antibiotics if you do this faithfully, for a few days. Some docs say they are ineffective, anyway.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If your ear hurts, then it's probably time for antibiotics.  You don't want your ear drum to burst, because that is extremely painful.

lazycamper
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Really. This is a tried and tested cure. Good luck and feel better!

Quoting almondpigeon:

Really? I'm about to marinate chicken for souvlaki so I have garlic and olive oil....I will try it. Thanks!

Quoting lazycamper:

Jemmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
My ear infections get so bad that I'm in tears, my head hurts, my neck hurts, it's hard to turn my head.. My ear canal usually swells pretty quickly to the point that its basically closed and traps the fluids. Ear drops will not go down. I will lay there for 15 mins or more waiting for them to go down and as soon as I sit up, the drops will just run out. It's awful.
mariesmama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

i never ran a fever with mine it stopped hurting after a while and it was so clogged up i couldnt hear out of that ear i went to the dr and they did something that made it unplug and chunks of brown wax came out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)