Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you sure you're really Muslim???

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 72 Replies

A college student was recently ask to show prove of her religion when she went to take her ID photo. The schools policyee is that all students who wish tobreak rules for religious purposes must show proof and have documentation. At the time she was wearing her Hijab and was turned away because apparently she had no proof and had not had her religious views documented with the school. 

Now the issue is now with her "wishy washy" practice of covering. Many speculate she is doing this simply for the attention. When looking at her Facebook profile picture, I'm beginning to think they same. I have yet to meet a Muslim woman who covers who would let out a picture on Facebook that is as provocative as hers. Seems like shes like to pick and choose. 

Picture of her in hajib below

Facebook Profile picture below. 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
That's odd. I know many Muslim women. They would not post a photograph like that.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly, something about this seems fishy.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

That's odd. I know many Muslim women. They would not post a photograph like that.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
It does seem odd unless maybe the photo was taken before she converted or something. You still would think she wouldn't want that photo up even if that was the case.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

BUMP!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

BUMP!

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Hmmm...yeah odd
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao! You entertain me so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Not sure if thats a good thing or bad.....

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lmao! You entertain me so much.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I don't know why it matters if people think she is doing it for attention or not.

It's just speculation, and the way this country demands respect for religious views.. as well as they way so many people practice in exactly the way they see fit.. then like I said, it really shouldn't matter. They shouldn't be questioning "just how Muslim are you? are you going to be Muslim next week?"

How many christians have proof that they are christian?

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Is that even an acceptable way to wear a hijab? I mean, if you truly want to be "following the rules" of the religion? Seems a little showy for the purpose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)