Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is starving that poor dog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
My friend had his dog in my backyard and I told as long as you buy food and feed the dog I don't care. It's been 4 days and he hasn't brought food yet. We had to feed the dog what we can and when it finishes the food in 30 seconds it's looking at us for more when there isn't anymore. I can't afford to feed this dog and my grandma can't afford to feed two dogs. I don't want to make a fuss because I'm afraid he'll take the dog somewhere else and it'll starve but at the same time I'm tempted to call animal control and get the dog taken. It's not an aggressive dog she is inches away from my grandmas dog but it's like when he is around her she turns into a little monster trying to get to the other dog and when he leaves she is back to the little angel she is. She is a pit and if animal control comes they may put her down. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

We feed both dogs even though we can't really afford to.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

If the dog is really hungry, its not acting its true self, so it may be little rambunctious or seem slightly agressive when in reality it would act that way under "normal" circumstances. 

That being said, no one and no creature should be made to go without food, he would be better in a pound or dead than starving.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

It's abuse and neglect, plain and simple! Call the Humane Society too; they may be able to give you better direction. And why is this friend keeping his dog at your grandmother's place?

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Also, where did he get the dog? If he got the dog from a rescue, call the rescue! They will take that dog back ASAP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
When it's just the two dogs in the backyard it's quiet. When I go into the backyard only my grandmas dog bark because he thinks he is about to get food every time the door opens. When he is back there whatever he does to the dog makes the dog get aggressive and when he leaves everything is fine again.

Quoting kgsharber:

If the dog is really hungry, its not acting its true self, so it may be little rambunctious or seem slightly agressive when in reality it would act that way under "normal" circumstances. 

That being said, no one and no creature should be made to go without food, he would be better in a pound or dead than starving.

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

By allowing this dog to be at your house and not fed properly you are contributing to it's neglect.  You either need to start feeding the dog regularly or call the authorities to step in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Idk he asked and I told him she won't make a fuss as long as you feed the dog and I don't know where he got the dog from I have never seen this dog before. We feed the dog what we can.

Quoting Aslen:

It's abuse and neglect, plain and simple! Call the Humane Society too; they may be able to give you better direction. And why is this friend keeping his dog at your grandmother's place?

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

There are a lot of pit rescues where do you live? 

harymarshman
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Instead of calling the pound find a pit rescue in your area. Starving is a slow and painful way for him to die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I can promise you that the dog is better off dead then starving! I would never put up with having a hungry dog tied in my back yard. Nobody is walking it or taking care of it? Of course it's going to be aggressive! Some people are to stupid to have any pets, your friend is one of them! Just the fact that you call that piece of shit a friend makes me worry about you. You need to surround yourself with good people to have a good life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
We feed the dog even though we can't afford to. It's not as much as the dog would like because the looks like it hadn't eaten in a while you can see the ribs but we do feed the dog.

Quoting Amy_M:By allowing this dog to be at your house and not fed properly you are contributing to it's neglect.  You either need to start feeding the dog regularly or call the authorities to step in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured