Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am at the end of my patience with this bus company. I am now one of *those* moms making demands!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 22 Replies

This morning I called and demanded my son be switched bus companies.

Since last year he has one bus company that picks him up, and one company that brings him home.

The company that picks him up the following over 2 years has occurred:

-driver driving while on the cell phone -repeatedly.

-driver getting out of his seat.

-interferring while I am dealing my sn child meltdown (trying to talk to me about scheduling)

-shoving his work schedule in my face while I am talking to my son and complaining about it.

-calling me at home late hours and excessively.

-threatening to call the police on my son who was 6 at the time, for singing on the bus.

-failing to make incident reports

-forgetting my son (3x)

-scheduling the bus to come at 9am, when class starts at 9am.

The other bus company never ONE single problem!  They are great!

This morning my son's bus driver sat in the driveway for 5 minutes on his phone.  When I knocked on the door to say "dude get off your phone and drive my kid to school!"  He just drove off! While still on the phone!

This just tears it.  

I called the school board and demanded that he have Stock East pick him up in the mornings.  I am sick to death of Cardinal, and it is quite obvious they cannot be trusted!

So yea, I am one of those entitled bossy moms now, bash away!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saydar
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm surprised you've waited this long... and that the driver still has a job.

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I have been dealing with it as it arises, this has been over the course of 2 yrs and it's been more than one driver.

Honestly the entire company is just crappy.  They have a reputation for it, it's not just me

Quoting Saydar:

I'm surprised you've waited this long... and that the driver still has a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Snap a pic of him on the phone and go to your local news channel. Bus drivers should not be on the phone.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Bus driverr is breaking a FEDERAL law. cdl drivers legaly can not drive and talk on phone at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you just drive him yourself!?

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I don't blame you one bit. I would demand the other company to pick my kid up too. Is there anyone you can report the company too?
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'm Canadian, but it's the law here too.  I called and spoke to the supervisor, and reported him.  But honestly after all the bullshit I just want the other company, who never have issues to drive him.

I don't understand why there are 2 comapnies to begin with.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Bus driverr is breaking a FEDERAL law. cdl drivers legaly can not drive and talk on phone at the same time.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Document it all so he can't deny it.
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't know, I'll look into it though.  I did speak to the transportation dept supervisor at the school board about the situation this morning.

Quoting blue-heart:

I don't blame you one bit. I would demand the other company to pick my kid up too. Is there anyone you can report the company too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I would do the same thing but if the school wasn't to far I would consider driving him myself. I use to transport kids and they can drive you nuts. It is not an easy job and kids usually do get on your nerves during transport. I am not taking up with the driver I am just saying some parent's should consider transporting their own kids. Some kids do make the job harder than it needs to be. It is easy to say find another job when you are not the one doing it. I feel that you are doing the right thing by changing companies. I can assure you that the driver wont be upset.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)