Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children's medicaid question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I got Medicaid for my baby while I was still pregnant with her. I think they said its good for her first year but idk. She just turned a year old and her 1 year checkup is this week. I am afraid that the Medicaid is no longer valid and they won't see her at her pediatrician if they find out. I haven't gotten anything in the mail about renewing the insurance, we did move recently but I made sure to do a change of address with the post office. My husband has gotten a better job since I was pregnant but I'm pretty sure dd will still qualify for it (maybe just until he gets another raise though)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melissanoel
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Can you check online? Or call the doctor's office and ask them to run her insurance. What state are you in?

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM

You will get a letter in the mail when its time to re-qualify, although with the govt shut down, i dont think they are doing them right now.  Call your dr office and they can call and make sure its still active for you before you go in.  

Liastele
by Lauren on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Google something like "change medicaid provider yourstate" and try to find a state website. Find a login type page and you should be able to see if its still active.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

You should probably call the office where you initially signed up to make sure she's still on it.  The doctors office will check prior to the visit and may try to bill you the full office visit when you show up if she's been removed from Medicaid.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

You will be notified of any changes to your case

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)