Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she wont let us see the baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies
1 mom liked this

my so's sil is having a baby any day now, i think.  so's brother has told everyone in the family that they wont be havin visitors for a few weeks after the baby is born and when they do itll only be certain people (im guessing the very few family members she gets along with, she hates us all).  im sure her family will be allowed to visit.  and if you want to visit and she allows you you have to have some whooping cough shot first and show her proof tha tyou got it or else you cant go near the baby.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmyAiden
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

It is her baby. Most folks I know with new babies are insisting on dtp shots for all visitors.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this
Stop being selfish and get the vaccine. It's a brand new freaking baby for crying out loud.
Why would you want to hang out with someone that obviously hates you anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I honestly wouldn't care. If she doesn't want me to see the baby I won't. I'm not getting a vaccine cause she said so either. I won't be sending a gift or congrats and I would completely cut her out from any babies I had moving forward.
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Her baby. We didn't want a bunch of people around either...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It's her baby.  Go get the shot and call the arrange a time.

Callign ahead and arranging a time to come see is just good manners anyhow.

svolkov
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Lol def a first time mom . I remember wanting everyone who touched my son to use sanitizer :p like someone else said send a gift and say "can't wait to see photos of my new neice/nephew"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My husbands brother just had a baby too and our kids aren't allowed to touch it. Lol. She hasn't had visitors for two weeks and i only saw the baby at the hospital for 5 mins before she kicked my husbands family out. Oh well..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
It sounds like you so care if you are going through all those motions.

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly wouldn't care. If she doesn't want me to see the baby I won't. I'm not getting a vaccine cause she said so either. I won't be sending a gift or congrats and I would completely cut her out from any babies I had moving forward.

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Her kid, her call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Why would she want people she doesn't even like around the baby.
Why does she "hate" you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)