Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's always ONE party pooper.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I went to my friends DSs bday party last week. It was a costume party and ALL of the kids were 5 and younger. The boys all had super hero costumes and the girls (only 2) had princess costumes... Except 1 boy, the last one to show, he was wearing a SCREAM costume.

The boy in the Scream costume is only 3. When he arrived all of the babies freaked out! Crying & refusing to play anymore. The older kids got really skittish. Playing but weary of the boy. Even after they were shown it was just another boy they carefully played. The the boy because to growl or yell and jump at all of the kids including the littlest ones!

The mom saw that the babies were crying, The older kids were avoiding her DS and all of the other parents were trying to convince their kids all was okay. She even questioned if her DSs costume was the cause. My DS even asked her to have her DS remove his scary mask. Yet she did nothing but encourage the scary behavior!

Do you think the other parents were right to be upset? Was she out of line allowing that costume to a party she knew would be filled with little kids and babies? When she realized her DSs costume was causing such a disturbance should she have taken the mask?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zashalol
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It's Halloween, the kid should dress as they want. He could have taken the mask off but if he's happy with his costume then let him enjoy his costume.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
At the expense of ALL the other kids fun? Even the birthday boy was scared. So his desires come above 7 other kids? It's okay that he can scare everyone else and they have to just deal with it?

Quoting zashalol:

It's Halloween, the kid should dress as they want. He could have taken the mask off but if he's happy with his costume then let him enjoy his costume.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM

hahahaha what a little turd!!!

I have no advice, just think the situation in hindsight sounds pretty hilarious.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
7 moms liked this

We're raising a generation of freakin weenies :/

baquick
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
That actually happened last year at a Halloween party I threw. The oldest boy showed up in a scream outfit and was making noises and such. After about 10-15 minutes the mom realized what was happening and had him remove the mask. The rest of the night was pretty much ok. The kids ranged from a year to 7 and he was 10. The majority were 2-4 though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

as you see some parents have the mentality that its okay to upset every one else as long as they get to do what they want. Ofcoarse the scream costume is too young, the kid shouldnt have even watched scream to know about the costume.  There are ratings on those movies for a reason.

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

My kids growled and played "scary" all the time at that age, even without costumes. I guess mom learned not to have anymore costume parties lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM
You all acted absolutely ridiculous.
FoxFire363
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM
If one is having a costume party and one wishes to dictate the costumes the other children wear, then it would be best to put a theme on the invitations or at least a request for no scary costumes. If no such stipulations were on the invitation, then the boy should be free to wear any costume he likes. That being said, I do not think the hostess would be out of line to politely ask the other mom to have her son remove his mask once it became clear that the babies were scared.
SaratheV
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM
7 moms liked this

I would have told the other kids to stop being pussies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)