Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tantrum+Angry Momma=Well, you be the judge.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 113 Replies

So my five year old, who is a brat (he's spoiled, he's the baby, he;s a momma's boy :excuses,excuses), was throwing a big ol' fashioned FIT at the grocery store.  At first, I told my hubby to take him to the car....THEN I noticed a cashier....a teenage cashier....giving my son the EAT SH*T LOOK!!!  To a FIVE YEAR OLD!!  Okay...now I would've been "ok" had she been looking at me or hubby that way...but my child?? Really??  So...I kinda flipped...and I kinda called her a bad name...and I kinda made an a$$ out of myself and in hindsite, looked pretty darn trashy while doing it...BUT....BUT....I'm the mommy of a kid with ASD (its not my 5 yr old though) and mommies with autistic kids know that you SHOULD NOT JUDGE a kid...don't stare, don't be a b*tch about it.  And she did.  She crosses my line.  And I freaked out.  I mean...WHAT IF my son has ASD and was having amelt down? She doesn't know him...my ASD kid appears "normal".  All of his handicaps are invisible (as in you cannot SEE them).  Sorry for the long post. RANT. OVER.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilLadyLadybug
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Sometimes, when you're already near the end of your rope, all it takes is the most minor offense to throw you into the deep end.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  I'm sure a lot of us have been or will be in those very same shoes some day, so I apologize in advance for the judgmental mommas who will inevitably come on here and try to attack you for having a bad day.

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Not sure what to say here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Pretty bad. I'll admit to giving kids dirty looks too
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
11 moms liked this
Your son deserved the dirty look, I would give it to him too . He sounds like a brat .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookiward
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
7 moms liked this
As long as she didn't say anything she has a right to look however she wants!
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
5 moms liked this

That's very sweet of LilLadyLadybug to say and yes we all have bad days but if you spoil your kid who is 5 and still having tantrums and is a brat then I think you should expect some looks. 

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting kjfamily:

Your son deserved the dirty look, I would give it to him too . He sounds like a brat .

JP1516
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

He IS a brat...but she didn't know that.  

JP1516
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I can't retort because its true.  I have a 12 yr old and a 9 year old as well and they are great kids...even my autistic son was never this bad.  They were all raised the same way!  I dunno what I'm doing wrong but I feel like a failure. :(

Quoting kjfamily:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)