Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you eat it?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you eat the sandwich after the fly danced all over it?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (like give it to your enemy)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

We went to Subway last night. I haven't been to Subway in a long time and for some reason a meatball sub sounded really good, so I went. She took my order first, placed the meatballs and cheese on the bread, then left it there to start Vince's sandwich. While she was doing that, a HUGE fat fly landed on my sub and walked ALL OVER it (I think he also flipped me the bird while he did it). I was very nice and told her, "A huge fly is on that sandwich." She promptly waved it away and then asked if I wanted anything else on my sandwich. I said, "I really would like a new sandwich, I'm sorry."

I am kind of a germaphobe, and flies are gross. I will not eat something if a fly lands on it, and he was all over that sandwich. She made me a new one, I was not a bitch over it. It just made me wonder, how many people would have taken that sandwich after seeing the fly walk all over it?

Would you still eat it?

Oh, and I remembered why I don't go to subway while I threw up and had stomach cramps all night.

pregnant

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been to plenty of picnics. A fly on the food isn't going to kill me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If it happened at Subway while they were making it, I'd ask for a new one .  If it happened to me at home, I'd probably just eat the sandwich.

2monstersmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

If it happened while still in the store, I'd ask for a new one. At home.... well, I ain't going to throw it away! :)

Osstie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I would eat it. Wasting food is kind of deplorable, don't you think?
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
At home, o would tear off the piece it landed on (I have done it before lol).

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

If it happened while still in the store, I'd ask for a new one. At home.... well, I ain't going to throw it away! :)

Fields456
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM

This

Quoting liss.n.chris:

I've been to plenty of picnics. A fly on the food isn't going to kill me.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Okay lmao. What they don't use during the.day gets thrown out. I doubt my 6 inch sub made that much of a difference.

Quoting Osstie:

Osstie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Ok. It's not you, I know. It's all those OTHER people, right?

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Okay lmao. What they don't use during the.day gets thrown out. I doubt my 6 inch sub made that much of a difference.

Quoting Osstie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Eh, its just a fly. Have you seen meat processing plants? I would take the fly anyday.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Not only would I have not eaten it, as an employee I wouldn't have even tried to serve it.  When I worked in a restuarant if a fly landed on something I would take it and bring something fresh.  I found people never minded waiting extra for their food.

Flies are inevitable.  No matter how clean and sanitary a place is, flies of all things will find a way in.  It's our job to make sure they stay off the food or at least replace the food!

Of course, at home I would just deal with it.  But the food service industry should have higher standards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)