Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sure this has been asked before.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

tooth fairy? How much.

First tooth, $20, 

Second tooth, $10

Every tooth after $5

Until age 10! If they lose after that age they don't get anything.

So my son lost a tooth, My husband nor I had any cash on us :/ I wasn't running to atm at 9p either.

So looked around the house and found a $1.45 that is what I put under his pillow. Feeling bad, I asked him what he got ( I think he knows it is me.. lol) He said $1.47 < not sure where the other two cents came in..). 

I looked at him and said "Jeez, tooth fairy was a cheap ass this time.." and giggled. He said, yeah she probally didn't have cash on her like always.. But that is ok. He was a good sport. I think I owe him $3.55 more cents for being so good about it and not being a jerk. 

Should I give him more or just drop it? 

He uses it when he goes to the youth center (make him use his own money because he goes with this friends to McDs) So either way I will have to give him money.. 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajrjj05
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I give him money if he don't have it, but if he has money he has to use his own!

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

holy crap $20 for the first tooth! I guess I'm a cheap ass

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

My tooth-fairy growing up (love you, momma!) was always more creative than just cash.

She left a pretty ring once, a little jewelled box for holding the teeth, a stuffed bat with a note that said he had followed her in and decided my bed looked comfy, etc.

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My kids are getting a dollar a tooth. It would be a quarter except pinterest ruined me by showing me how to use hairspray and glitter to make fairy money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I'd say give it to him. Tell him you'll make the tooth fairy pay you back next time he loses a tooth. My kids get a dollar for every year they are, and there's no age limit. Of course my 13 year old knows it's not the tooth fairy, but he still gets paid for his teeth.

2kids2dogs2cats
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Your tooth fairy is very giving, we give about 2 buck a tooth over at this fariy's house.  I did give $5 when my younges had to have a molar pulled at the dentist.

I say let it go, leave a note with the extra saying, So sorry, I had so many teeth to pick up last time, I was out of money, lol

PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
That's adorable, and much more magical than money.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My tooth-fairy growing up (love you, momma!) was always more creative than just cash.

She left a pretty ring once, a little jewelled box for holding the teeth, a stuffed bat with a note that said he had followed her in and decided my bed looked comfy, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM

20 bucks!?

10 bucks?!

5 bucks!?

like a buck or two 

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

$20.00???!!!

I gave 3. 

Just drop it

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

We don't do the tooth fairy. I just hand the kids money. My oldest got $5 for her first tooth and $1 for every other one... my youngest has her first loose tooth now, so she'll get the same as her sister..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)