Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you take this kinky offer if you were a furloughed federal employee?

Posted by   + Show Post

Awesome Company Makes Kinky Offer to Ease Pain of the Government Shutdown

by Adriana Velez

gift"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." If ever there were a time for this famous quote by President John F. Kennedy, it is now, in the midst of our super-fun government shutdown. One company is taking that idea to heart ... er, well, to parts below the heart, anyway. Vibrators.com is giving away free vibrators to furloughed federal employees through the shutdown. And if that's not selfless patriotism, I don't know what is.

free vibrators

Are you a federal employee that has been deemed non-essential? Do you have a little too much time on your hands and nothing to do? Is the recent government shutdown to blame?

Here at Vibrators.com we are committed to allowing our customers to find satisfaction. As vibrator enthusiasts, we want everyone to experience the pleasure that a nice vibrator can bring to partners and individuals. Besides, we know you have some free time, why not try something new?

Wow, not to put too fine a point on it. Too much time on your hands? Make use of that free time the second best way possible! I guess they're factoring in significant others who are still employed. I mean, it's not like you can just walk into work and say, "Hey, could I take the day off? My wife/husband/boyfriend has been furloughed and we'd like to spend the day [fill in the blank]." The furloughed federal employee is going to be on their own, and now they have access to the equipment they need to fill those long, lonely hours.

Orgasms for all the fed laydeeez! Sorry guys, I guess this doesn't benefit you. But you know what? You're still making a dollar to our 70 cents, so I think it's a fair trade-off.

So -- are people taking them up on that order? OF COURSE THEY ARE! On their Facebook page, Vibrators.com says they sold out of their 200 daily limit within 20 minutes today. That's how many free vibrators their warehouses can send out a day without affecting paying customers' orders. They'll send out more tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day ... considering there's an estimated 800,000 furloughed employees, and half of them are female, this could take a while.

I guess your strategy is to keep checking back every day around lunchtime to see if you can get yours.

I think some other vibrator companies should step in to help out with the effort. Maybe Congress can't get it together to pass a budget. But I bet the makers of sex toys can cross company lines to bring Americans the pleasure we so rightly deserve. To the pursuit of happiness!

Would you take this offer if you were a furloughed federal employee?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Hahaha! They really should.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should hand out sex toys to the members of congress. 

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Sandpaper dildos for everyone not playing nicely.

Quoting Famousglm714:

Hahaha! They really should.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should hand out sex toys to the members of congress. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Going there now!

AllaB
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

DAMN!!!!!! I always said government employees get all the perks, but this is ridiculous. Dont they already have ENOUGH?

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Lol, well that's an interesting offer

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Sure, why not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

It's funny but kinda cool

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

LOL I guess I'll ask my furloughed MIL if she wants the link.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Tell that to my MIL. She works in the department of agriculture and has been furloughed. I don't think that's a perk...

Quoting AllaB:

DAMN!!!!!! I always said government employees get all the perks, but this is ridiculous. Dont they already have ENOUGH?

findingserenity
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
exactly..go fuck yourself..

Quoting liss.n.chris:

That's stupid. Sorry, you're getting no paycheck, but here, go fuck yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)