Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have more than 3 kids do you still have a baby shower

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 15 Replies
The duggars have 19 but if you have more than 3 do you still have a baby shower?if yes do you still get gifts?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm having 1kid and I don't know if I am going to have one.. So,I think it just depends on the person. I wouldn't go to someones third though. Probably not even their second.

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I think it depends on age gaps. My fist son is 7. Im due in dec with my 2nd. I dont have anymore baby stuff from him. I was told I couldnt have any more.
My shower is sunday
Canvas_says
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Didn't do any showers after the first one. That was thought of as poor taste .

skittleshawk
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I would.
every baby gets one in my family. And a party after they are born.
DS didn't because he was a day old on the day my shower was. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I'm expecting my third and my friends are throwing me a shower. But we're the kind of people who take any excuse to get together and have a party.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Gifts are never required though for any baby.
Its just a fun get together to celebrate and talk! Gifts are nice though! I would bring a gift for any number baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
You don't ask for a shower. You don't expect a shower. If someone decides to throw you one, great. I'll celebrate a baby regardless of birth order. I'll even bring a gift. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Depends. I think every baby needs to be celebrated but I think if you have all your previous baby stuff and its the same gender as you already have a baby shower would be tacky. I have a friend who had a baby boy within 2 years of her first baby boy, she planned on having lots of kids so kept everything and then threw herself a 2nd baby shower. It was beyond tacky and I didn't go. With her 3rd boy she must've got the hint because she had a gender reveal party instead.
VintageWife
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Yes, one has been thrown for me for each one. I'm not the one throwing them and I don't ask for them to be thrown so I don't see how it could be tacky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)