Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wire or no wire? Ladies with big boobs please answer! *POLL*

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 91 Replies

Poll

Question: No wire for bigger boobs?

Options:

No wire bras are supportive enough for big boobs

You need a wire to support big boobs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

I have always had fairly large breasts and have always worn underwire bras. I havent ever really had a problem. But my boobs have gone up a couple sizes in the last 5 years and the wire seems to be noticeably uncomfortable. Thing is, im not sure a bra with no underwire will be supportive enough. So, if you are rocking a 36G or larger, can you go without a wire bra?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Bump

SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I don't feel comforable without a wire. I need that extra support. 

Jessiejem
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

damm im a large c /d and i need under wire!!

2kids2dogs2cats
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Go in and have a bra fitting, best thing I ever did for my boobs!  You most likely are not wearing the right size and or style, I have never had luck without having an underwire.

I own 3 Wacool bras, they are expensive, but best bra I have ever had.

VarelaClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
While I currently only rock a 34D, I've gone up to a very full 34G\H while nursing. Those puppies needed wire. Heck, I wear wires now at 34D.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I belive im needing a 36H, im starting to pop out of my G. Boobs are miserable. I guess i need to find a bra with more cushion around the wire part.

Quoting Jessiejem:

damm im a large c /d and i need under wire!!

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been fitted many times, i can still never find a comfortable bra. I think it may be a style issue, but ive tried all of them and the best is a balconette style, but those are still not great. I am cheap, i really dont want to spend more than $50 for a bra.

Quoting 2kids2dogs2cats:

Go in and have a bra fitting, best thing I ever did for my boobs!  You most likely are not wearing the right size and or style, I have never had luck without having an underwire.

I own 3 Wacool bras, they are expensive, but best bra I have ever had.

Idesigner33
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I use the playtex 18 hr without wire for years. I have never had a problem. The wire bras dig into my sides and the wires wear through within a couple of wears, so I would go through wire bras very quickly. I also like the new cacique sports bras front hook from Lane Bryant. They have a ton of support and very comfortable.

bambismom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This is too funny!  I'm new here and I get a kick out of the conversations.  I'm a 38DDD, yeah, they don't carry that in most stores, pisses me off!  The only place I've been able to find bras in my size (in a number of different styles) is Lane Bryant. (It's a plus size clothing store, I don't wear plus size clothing, I just have big boobs!)  I have always had an underwire but have begun to hate it!  I am on the hunt for a good bra that isn't an underwire, I'll let you know if I find it!  If I find one that can hold mine up, I'm sure that it can hold yours up too! 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am currently in a 36G, but i think i need an H. I am also currently wearing Cacique(layne bryant) bras. I bought 3 several months ago, they are ok, but not as durable or comfortable as i would like. Yes, if you find one let me know! Ill update if i happen to find an awesome bra as well.

Quoting bambismom:

This is too funny!  I'm new here and I get a kick out of the conversations.  I'm a 38DDD, yeah, they don't carry that in most stores, pisses me off!  The only place I've been able to find bras in my size (in a number of different styles) is Lane Bryant. (It's a plus size clothing store, I don't wear plus size clothing, I just have big boobs!)  I have always had an underwire but have begun to hate it!  I am on the hunt for a good bra that isn't an underwire, I'll let you know if I find it!  If I find one that can hold mine up, I'm sure that it can hold yours up too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)