Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arguing with your so

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I dont understand how things can go so far with arguing in relationships.
I just read the post about the woman who wouldnt give her ex or whoever $20. He got mad and said awful things. She said the truth comes out when they are mad.

Dh and I argue like any other couple I guess. However things never go that far. I express my feelings about something or state my problem and he does the same. Usually by the end of it, we are laughing about what the other said.

I know last time we argued it was about his attitude. Of course he thought I had one too. I asked if he started his period and he told me that I needed one. I thought it was funny. Im 7 months pregnant.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My husband and I don't agrue. Like at all, we're weird. When we have disagreements we give each other the silent treatment and cool off. Then we talk. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My guess is, some parents do not teach kids how to communicate without saying hateful things, and then they grow up and still do not have the communcation skills.

My husband and I do not argue, we disagree on things, but is never gets so heated we say hateful things to one another.

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I have said stupid things in a fight. Not frequently, but more than once. Not proud of it either.

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Maybe they have a disorder, like borderline personality disorder? I don't know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

It's about maturity and respect.  My husband and I started dating right out of high school and we used to do the petty arguing with the name calling, low blows, etc.  It's childish and one day it just clicked for us and we realized how dumb it was to argue that way.  We hardly argue anymore and if we do, it's about the situation at hand and we usually resolve our issues pretty quick.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
My husband never says awful things when we argue, but I do. I am working on it, I do have a personality disorder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We dont always agree, but we decided early on that name calling and insults are not a part of our dialogue. We just dont say mean things to each other, no matter how mad we are.

rockgal81
by Steph on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

We bicker occasionally, but argue very rarely. When we do, we do not swear at each other, call each other names, put our hands on one another, etc. It's called being a grown up with good communication skills. lol That post was a hot mess! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)