Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Huh... I had no idea people questioned the paternity of my child...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

But I guess it kind of makes sense.  When I was 4 months pregnant with my third child, I started an affair. When my baby was 7 months old my ex-husband and I seperated. Our divorce was finalized 7 months after that, when my baby was 14 months old.  My ex-H knew the baby was his, I knew the baby was his, there was never any question about it for us. When we divorced we split custody and he pays child support, and that was that.  He is the father of all my children and has always acted as such.  I'm now remarried to the man that I had the affair with and he is the kids' stepdad but we have never even alluded to him being my youngest child's real father.

Now I've found out that some people, including my brother! Have always wondered if my son is really my ex-husband's or if he's my husband's.  I'm shocked, I have never even thought that was a question until now, and now my "Baby" is over 2 1/2 years old. But I guess it makes sense. Anyway, that's just my "confession". 

BTW I know that what I did was wrong, I regret going about things in the way that I did, I have apologized to my ex-husband, and we get along fine.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
3 moms liked this
You cheated on your husband... had a baby and married the man you cheated with... it's understandable that people would question
SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I can understand the questions. You're married and pregnant and having an affair. I mean it's not too far fetched.

SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

And it's a little awkward/skanky having sex with someone other than your husband while pregnant? Ewww

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Who the fuck has an affair when they are pregnant?

TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Reasonable assumption IMO. None of their business,also MHO.

staceysgorbach
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Seems logical.
TallChic
by Stacey on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Well you would think they could figure it out if you were 4 months along when you started the affair.  Did they think he was born 4 months early?  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM

That's what I figured! Then again people also couldn't figure out if I had been married when I got pregnant with my FIRST child or not. Um geee... I got married in July and then the baby was born the NEXT July, so unless it was a 12 month gestation, YEAH i was married lol.

Quoting TallChic:

Well you would think they could figure it out if you were 4 months along when you started the affair.  Did they think he was born 4 months early?  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My husband and I separated about 3 months after our first was born. I didn't see him for 2 years, so when we got back together, people who knew me, or had known me, but didn't know my husband, assumed he wasn't my son's real father (understandably), and would actually ask, do you know who his real dad is. Who asks that lol.

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Does the child not look like his father?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)