Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sorry you have to work on your kids birthday but I'm not budging!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 574 Replies
3 moms liked this
Taking off is on a first come, first serve basis at my work. On the 20th of September I submitted my request to take the 18th through the 20th off(of October). The reason being that I have a road trip planned to see my best friend who moved 5 hours away.

This other girl submitted a request off for the 19th of October because it's her dd's first birthday.

Her request is going to get denied because both of us can't take a weekend day off. We have limited amount of weekend workers and due to our experience level, one of us has to be here.

I've had several people tell me I should take back my request because her reason is more important. I get that I would be upset if I had work on the day I planned to throw my kid her first birthday but shit happens. That's why I'm in college to get a job that doesn't require me to work these type of hours.

Everyone is saying I can go the next weekend but no I'm not doing that. We already have tons of activities lined up like going to certain festivals and concerts that won't be around the next weekend. I put my request in fair and square.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
35 moms liked this

First come first serve.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm with you. There is no reason why she cannot pick a different weekend either. Both are valid reasons for time off and it sucks that someone had to get turned done but you were first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
14 moms liked this
You dont have to take your weekend and give her day to her.

But I think I would be nice and do it.

But you don't have to.

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Yup fair and square! Npt your issue.
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
13 moms liked this
If you were just taking the day off to get a manicure it would be the nice thing to do to cancel. But you're going on a road trip. And honestly; whatever the reason; she should have requested the day off earlier. It's sad but she waiting too long, she can't expect you to change your plans.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I'm with you... it's not like the 19th is the first or last day you requested off. it's the middle day so you couldn't really compromise either.

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
8 moms liked this

A one year old...just celebrate the day before or after. Not a big deal.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
4 moms liked this

It's the first birthday.  The kid won't remember if the celebration didn't happen on her birthday.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
5 moms liked this

She should have put her requests in earlier.

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I can see both sides. But she doesn't have to have a party or festivities o on the actual b-day to celebrate. She'll get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)