Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry you have to work on your kids birthday but I'm not budging!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Taking off is on a first come, first serve basis at my work. On the 20th of September I submitted my request to take the 18th through the 20th off(of October). The reason being that I have a road trip planned to see my best friend who moved 5 hours away.

This other girl submitted a request off for the 19th of October because it's her dd's first birthday.

Her request is going to get denied because both of us can't take a weekend day off. We have limited amount of weekend workers and due to our experience level, one of us has to be here.

I've had several people tell me I should take back my request because her reason is more important. I get that I would be upset if I had work on the day I planned to throw my kid her first birthday but shit happens. That's why I'm in college to get a job that doesn't require me to work these type of hours.

Everyone is saying I can go the next weekend but no I'm not doing that. We already have tons of activities lined up like going to certain festivals and concerts that won't be around the next weekend. I put my request in fair and square.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
How's the adoption going for your SD?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

If you were first to submit yours then you should be the one getting the time off. She should have thought ahead of time.

AvengedMommy101
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Awe how cute, you hide behind your anon button!

Quoting Anonymous:

How's the adoption going for your SD?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

If you were first to submit yours then you should be the one getting the time off. She should have thought ahead of time.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It's the first birthday.  Honestly the kid doesn't know her birthday from the cardbard box she plays in that a gift came in.  When she's four and five then it's more important.  I don't think I've had a birthday party on my kid's actual birthday in years.  

IfTheTiaraFits
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Maybe she should have planned better. She knew when her child's birthday is, lol. 

I would probably offer to change my date if it weren't a huge inconvience. But if it's not possible for you, heck, you did what you were supposed to do to get the days off. No skin off your nose! :)

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I think its BS that SHE whined to everyone about it to get sympathy....

Amiehart62
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
If I were her I would just call out

God forbid a manager should have to do line work.

See now everyone wins. She won't get fired for this.....although they may look for another reason to get rid of her.

I have done this before for a golf tournament princess cruises wouldn't give me the day off for. As long as she has been there a year she gets sick days and if she doesn't miss more than one day she won't need a note.

Oh and I wouldn't move my vacation either. This almost happened to me this year. I put in for my youngest sons birthday off next year August so I get the days off.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting bustybee:

I'm with you. There is no reason why she cannot pick a different weekend either. Both are valid reasons for time off and it sucks that someone had to get turned done but you were first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Honestly, she should have put her request in earlier, then sitting back and waiting..

You shouldn't have to give up your days. Is it the right thing to do, maybe. But I wouldn't. 

ProudMommaBear
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I'm lucky that dds first birthday is on a Saturday this year so I don't have to worry about that and I've been planning like 4 months in advance since it's around the holidays and I know our family has a. Few big family get together so I wanted to make sure I got my date set first before any family Christmas parties we're set. I mean you know when your child's birthday is, she could have asked months ago for the day off.
opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Geez.  It's not like she didn't know when her kid was turning one.  Really?  The entitlement abounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured