Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sorry you have to work on your kids birthday but I'm not budging!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Taking off is on a first come, first serve basis at my work. On the 20th of September I submitted my request to take the 18th through the 20th off(of October). The reason being that I have a road trip planned to see my best friend who moved 5 hours away.

This other girl submitted a request off for the 19th of October because it's her dd's first birthday.

Her request is going to get denied because both of us can't take a weekend day off. We have limited amount of weekend workers and due to our experience level, one of us has to be here.

I've had several people tell me I should take back my request because her reason is more important. I get that I would be upset if I had work on the day I planned to throw my kid her first birthday but shit happens. That's why I'm in college to get a job that doesn't require me to work these type of hours.

Everyone is saying I can go the next weekend but no I'm not doing that. We already have tons of activities lined up like going to certain festivals and concerts that won't be around the next weekend. I put my request in fair and square.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Pretty sure she knew what her her DD's birthday was WAY before you asked to take off for your trip. If it was that important she should've requested they day off a long time ago. It's not like the birthday suddenly came up. Due to work my husband is probably going to miss most birthdays and holidays in the next few years. He is a Dr. and cannot usually request certain days. We will just make another day special. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Should've asked off earlier. My husband asks for two weeks off in the summer for our vacation every year, but he asks off the first work day in January.
mstricey
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Lol too bad for her. How about she just plan the party for another weekend?
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I agree.

You asked for the time off first, therefore you should get it first.

Whenever I need to take an important day off, I ask at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance, so I know I am considered first.

I asked for Halloween off at the end of last month, so I know I will get it.

At my job it's also first come first serve, though requests off don't have to be in till a week before the schedule is in. I just request off in advance so I know I'm considered first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Seriously I put in my request to take my kids birthdays off at the first of the year every year why the fuck do people wait soo long.

leksismommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I say you do nothing. And I have been where that mom is now, my work didn't allow me the day off for my DDs first b day and we were having a party with 50 people coming. Luckily I put my request in 3 months in advance, when it was denied, no invitations had gone out yet, I moved the day of the party and worked on DDs actual birthday

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Are you trolling your own answer again?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

Awe how cute, you hide behind your anon button!

Quoting Anonymous:

How's the adoption going for your SD?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

If you were first to submit yours then you should be the one getting the time off. She should have thought ahead of time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Awww would you like me to identify myself. So you can tell dh I'm bugging you, again?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

If you were first to submit yours then you should be the one getting the time off. She should have thought ahead of time.

AvengedMommy101
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

If you want to discuss my issues regarding my other post you can message me like an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you trolling your own answer again?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

AvengedMommy101
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Funny. No, I don't run to my DH and whine about shit that I can handle on my very own. Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww would you like me to identify myself. So you can tell dh I'm bugging you, again?

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)