Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry you have to work on your kids birthday but I'm not budging!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Taking off is on a first come, first serve basis at my work. On the 20th of September I submitted my request to take the 18th through the 20th off(of October). The reason being that I have a road trip planned to see my best friend who moved 5 hours away.

This other girl submitted a request off for the 19th of October because it's her dd's first birthday.

Her request is going to get denied because both of us can't take a weekend day off. We have limited amount of weekend workers and due to our experience level, one of us has to be here.

I've had several people tell me I should take back my request because her reason is more important. I get that I would be upset if I had work on the day I planned to throw my kid her first birthday but shit happens. That's why I'm in college to get a job that doesn't require me to work these type of hours.

Everyone is saying I can go the next weekend but no I'm not doing that. We already have tons of activities lined up like going to certain festivals and concerts that won't be around the next weekend. I put my request in fair and square.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (571-574):
Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

That sucks for her but rules are rules. First come, first serve and your plans are just as important as hers. She has known for a year when her daughter's birthday would be and she had plenty of time to submit the request. It's not like her daughter is going to know the difference between one day and another anyway.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Wow, who peed in YOUR Cheerios this morning?

Quoting KJH_KMH_MOM:

why would you make plans when you had only put a request in. I hope you don't get it off.... a child's first birthday and not like she waited until the day of.... i would hope that she gets to be there for her child's first birthday or your car breaks down so you cant take your road trip! or I hope if she dont get it off she finds a new job and you have to work every weekend until someone else gets hired or trained or whatever!

and no I do not post anonymously because I dont care if you dont like my response... 

stayathome510
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It wasn't stated that the mother demanded her to change her day off...just said the other coworkers thought this...kind of makes you wonder why....probably more to the story.

stayathome510
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Wow....so glad to be a SAHM...its a jungle out there, literally!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured