Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you agree with this city

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23645338/belton-re-examining-policy-following-criticism

do you agree with this city for kicking someone out of their house?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
It seems a bit over the top to me. But I do think water should be shut off, and their bills sent to collection. The eviction seems crazy to me though. But I don't think people are allowed to live in condemned houses?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

the house wasn't condemned. the city condemned after they shut the water off. there is nothing wrong with the house except the fact they don't have water.

Quoting Mom2RSD:

It seems a bit over the top to me. But I do think water should be shut off, and their bills sent to collection. The eviction seems crazy to me though. But I don't think people are allowed to live in condemned houses?

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Oh I know. But you have to condemn a house that isn't sanitary to live in right? And if there is no water it's not sanitary. I think that the city really doesn't have a choice if people won't pay their water bills. If there are kids in the home then the parents are being neglectful. I do think the city should be trying to put them on a payment plan or something first.

Quoting Anonymous:

the house wasn't condemned. the city condemned after they shut the water off. there is nothing wrong with the house except the fact they don't have water.

Quoting Mom2RSD:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I lived out in the country with no running water as a kid just saying. I was fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)