Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

figure skating class for kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
im interested to enrol my daughter when ahw gets a lil older.can u give any idea.anybody whos daughter is doing figure skating?tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
bump...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
buuummmppppp
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yoga type pants work great for a beggoner class no jeans. I took mine out on the ice before her first class to get her use to it and see if she even liked it.
Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I took lessons when I was younger. I guess the only suggestion would be to rent skates until you are sure that they are really interested and want to stick with it. A good pair of skates can be a little pricy and kids feet grow fast.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it when I was around 9.  I had a lot of fun, but if your daughter has never done it I definitely suggest finding out about free skate before the first class, that way she can actually get used to being on ice.

My mom did not do that, and then dropped me off 15 minutes late to the first lesson, so everybody in the class and in the bleachers got to watch me bust my ass a few times and watch me crawl to where the lesson was (in the middle of the rink).

MythrylHavoc
by Data on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it competetively for a few years as a kid. I loved it! If you want to get in her into competition its better to start her very young. Don't run out and get her the pro skates until you are sure she will stick with it (they are obscenely priced) but you do want to make sure to get her a decent pair. As she progresses she will need the stability in the boot that rentals don't have. Most of my tips are geared toward competition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)