Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't he have to help with the baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

A friend of mine is pregnant with her first child. Her and the father are dating but they don't live together or anything. She is 32 weeks and they have broken up twice during the pregnancy. She sat down with him because she wanted to decided how they were going to handle fianances when the  baby came.  He said he didn't know what they should do so she gave him the following options: either they move in together and split all the bills 50/50 or if they decided they weren't ready to move in together (personally, I don't think they are), he should pay child support, they could easily do it through child support enforcement or on their own with the child support guidelines. He got mad and left. She said that she just wants to make sure that she doesn't end up paying for everything (as the mom often does when the couple are together but the money is separate because usually the mom is the one who buys the things the kid needs) just because they are together. I think she is right, the fact that they are in a relationship doesn't change the fact that he should help support the child, does it? 

I mean I guess she could just tell him the things she bought for the baby and have him pay half but that would be such a pain and CS is also supposed to help cover living expenses and the baby will be living at her place.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM

BUMP!

lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

yes he should help provide for the child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Her request seems reasonable. He sounds like an ass... but we're only getting her side of the story here. So, it's hard to say for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

how old are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hell yes he should! I don't understand how he thinks he shouldn't.

mileysmom331
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Her request seems reasonable. He sounds like an ass... but we're only getting her side of the story here. So, it's hard to say for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

She is 19 and he is 23

Quoting Anonymous:

how old are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

That explains it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 19 and he is 23

Quoting Anonymous:

how old are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

It sounds to me like he thinks CS is a fee paid when you are not with the mother of your child or something. I mean I don't get it either how he thinks that just because they are together, he shouldn't have to help support the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell yes he should! I don't understand how he thinks he shouldn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)