Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State or country

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 87 Replies

What state or country do u live in? What do u like and dislike about it? What's the weather like? How's the crime rate?

Dh and I are thinking of moving so we are looking at different places getting different ideas from other thanks!!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

WA,USA. It's to god damn COLD. Inland NW is cold for about 9 months,summer only lasts maybe 2.. My first year here it snowed 16 FEET.

FEEEEET..16 of them.. I had never SEEN snow before I moved here.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Montana and I love too much to pinpoint one thing. It is paradise!
supermama322
by Kaylee on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

SK, Canada.

Love it here. Friendly people, beautiful land..I'm used to the weather as I'm born and raised Canadian but it might be too chilly for some.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
NY, I live and own a business in a very small "village", I love it her, except the winters are kind of sucky and cold.
o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Northern Nevada. I love how close I am to so much beautiful nature. I'm 10 minutes from Lake Tahoe, hiking, camping, boating, snowboarding, sledding, fishing. Tons of room for quading. The weather is very "livable". High temps are around 100 in the summer, lows in the winter can be under zero, but are usually around 5-10 degrees. We get a couple of good dumps of snow in the winter, but everyone knows how to drive in it, so you don't have to worry about being killed.

I guess Nevada has the highest crime rate in the nation, but I think the majority of that crime happens in Vegas.

SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

NYC, I love that it's NYC. I hate that the cost of living is so high. Crime rate, isn't the worst but could be better. In the winter it's cold, in the summer it's hot. Fall is cool, SPring it rains. LOL

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

texas

its really hot here and it takes a really long time to get anywhere that's cool (literally and figuratively cool). 

but the cost of living is really low in my town and there's no state income tax and everyone carries a gun and knows how to use it.

SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Just a tad bit too chilly for me.

Quoting supermama322:

SK, Canada.

Love it here. Friendly people, beautiful land..I'm used to the weather as I'm born and raised Canadian but it might be too chilly for some.

Jemmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Maryland. I was born and raised here so I like it. Cost of living is a bit high. The humidity sucks in the summer. Crime isn't too bad in this area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in Texas I love it wouldn't live any where else. - not that I have been out of Texas much lmao.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)