Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interviews

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Have you ever been asked to be interviewed via web? Like not a video interview (psuedo FIL has had a few of those) but over instant messanger? 

I am applying for jobs in the state we are planning on moving to and I received and email response from a hiring director. She asked if I would be available for an interview via IM between 8am-3pm Mon-Fri. I am sitting here waiting for her to come back. She logged on and told me to stand by. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Bump

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Ehhh, I am not so sure about that. There are some scam companies out there that do that. I imagine that an out of state employer would want a phone interview, not an IM one. Be wary. 

What's the company name? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Thats what I was thinking. But since I have never applied prior to the actual move, I'm not sure how it works. 

It is LND Technologies. I haven't been able to find anything via google. I found LND Enterprises. I figured the worse that is happening is that I am wasting time waiting for the woman.

Quoting Superlaura328:

Ehhh, I am not so sure about that. There are some scam companies out there that do that. I imagine that an out of state employer would want a phone interview, not an IM one. Be wary. 

What's the company name? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

So she came on and gave me more info. Company is SR Medicare Pvt. Ltd.

I am skeptical...

Quoting Superlaura328:

What's the company name? 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM

ITS A SCAM! They'll tell you that they will send you a check to buy supplies (i.e. computers, etc.) so that you can work from home. That's a fraudulent check.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SR-Medicare-PVT/Select-StateProvince/SR-Medicare-PVT-Patricia-Foster-or-Vivian-Barker-Offering-a-work-at-home-position-via-ind-1085803

Quoting Anonymous:

I am skeptical...

Quoting Superlaura328:

What's the company name? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yep I just read that lol. "She" hasn't gotten to the check part yet but I know it is coming lol. Thanks. I knew already that anything that says "we will send you a check" is BS. :-)

Quoting Superlaura328:

ITS A SCAM! They'll tell you that they will send you a check to buy supplies (i.e. computers, etc.) so that you can work from home. That's a fraudulent check.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SR-Medicare-PVT/Select-StateProvince/SR-Medicare-PVT-Patricia-Foster-or-Vivian-Barker-Offering-a-work-at-home-position-via-ind-1085803

Quoting Anonymous:

I am skeptical...

Quoting Superlaura328:

What's the company name? 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

LOL. Yeah, someone here on CM had the same issue like a month or so back... can't trust anyone these days! Good luck on the job search, though!! :) I moved out of state about three years ago... it was rough, starting new and all, but totally worth it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep I just read that lol. "She" hasn't gotten to the check part yet but I know it is coming lol. Thanks. I knew already that anything that says "we will send you a check" is BS. :-)

Quoting Superlaura328:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am skeptical...

Quoting Superlaura328:

What's the company name? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have moved a bunch. For college (no job to start up there). For exhusband (Army so I stayed at home and got a job when I divorced him). And here to help his parents at the ranch (that and cleaning the house was my job until they got laid off and couldn't pay me). Now I am tired of being here, he realizes exactly how much they treat him like a child, and he told me to "pick a place". So I am looking at jobs back home where we can room with my brother for a while, or back in Colorado where we met and were happy (ya know not having to deal with pushy in laws). So this is my first time setting the job up BEFORE moving :) Man I even got dressed in case this was a video interview ;-)

Quoting Superlaura328:

LOL. Yeah, someone here on CM had the same issue like a month or so back... can't trust anyone these days! Good luck on the job search, though!! :) I moved out of state about three years ago... it was rough, starting new and all, but totally worth it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Superlaura328:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am skeptical...

Quoting Superlaura328:

What's the company name? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)