Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you date a guy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

who is completely blue collar? 

The guy I am dating has an amazing job...but it is blue collar so to speak.  He makes great money but works hard hours and it is physical.

A friend said she would NEVER date a blue collar worker.  She said that she needs her man to be smarter than that. 

SO is smart.  He just has always liked working with his hands(Which is a good thing for me...) and wants to work a job he enjoys.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is a blue collar worker, born and raised in one of the wealthiest communities on Long Island, private prep school and college educated, from a family of ad execs, entrepreneurs, nurses, business owners, lawyers, etc...(he's one  of eleven children), but he prefers doing what he's doing.  You only get one chance to live your life, you should do what you love so long as you can support yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I would. Not that's it's all about money but some blue collar men make really good money.
Kerannmer
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course. My husband was a "blue collar" worker when we met. To me, it's sexy. I guess, with his business, he's more white collar now, but anytime he needs to be in the field, he is. The man can get his hands DIRTY. ;)

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
As long as he's ambitious and hard working, sure. If he were in a deadened job, regardless of it being blue or white collar, and didn't care about ever moving up, then no. I can't stand a lack of ambition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Of course I would.
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

i'm married to a farmer's son. wouldn't have it any other way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

yea and i married him. just because he has a blue collar job doesn't mean he isn't smart. dh was blue collar all his working life but because he is so smart, he got promoted and now works in the corporate office so is now white collar. 

I think that's a really stupid thing for your friend to say, she seems pretty fucking shallow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Yeap,

One of the most amazing men in my life, *and is a ex by my own fault* is a farmer. He's still one of my best friends.

My husband is a trucker

nerdymom28
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I don't see the problem with a man that has a good work ethic and earns an honest living. Your friend is nuts.

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Yes. My dad was a diesel mechanic. He used to leave our house at 3am and not get home until nearly 11. He would go like that for weeks. My dad is a very smart man.

I am proud of anyone who knows the value of a dollar and works that hard to provide for their family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)