Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ATT all SAHM I need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I want to be a stay at home mom again but my husband tells me that if we do we cant stay in our apartment. (even though he makes enough he just wants to be able to blow money however) So how do I earn some cash while staying at home? I mean a check every week or 2 and it has to be a good amount please help!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
You won't, most likely. If you want a full time income you usually have to gave a full time job. You can try Scentsy or Avon or something like that but I know one person (out of about 20 who sell stuff) who makes an actual full time wage with that stuff. She sells Scentsy, Thirty One and Perfectly Posh (I may have that last name wrong).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

At home daycare?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

You could always hook it!

key2ynot
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have no advice for what to do to make serious money from home - but have you sat down with him and actually crunched numbers?   What it costs you now for daycare/commute/etc   vs how much you'd save if you stayed home?    Perhaps it would help with your case.    And if he claims that you couldn't stay in your apt....where would you go otherwise?  His argument doesn't make sense unless you guys wouldn't be able to handle the loss of your income

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM
How much do you need to make a month in order to stay in your apartment? I would suggest getting a part time night job.
ctfirsttimemom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I sell Thirty One and do decent with it, but no where near what I was making working full time.  But, I'm also not paying for daycare, work wardrobe, etc.  But, if I needed a set amount each month to pay bills, I would not count on any Direct sales business especially starting out, but for fun money it is great.

ashley9603
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I have been a sahm/wahm for years.If you are wanting to start a business,it takes time to build a full-time income.I only do part time as that is all I am able to do at the moment.Before dh and I had kids we worked from home full-time doing direct sales while still working full time jobs.If you want a work at home job,I have a friend that has her  own telecommuting website where she posts daily job leads if you are interested.Most of the people that are successful working at home,have built there business over the years and have stayed dedicated to it while either working part time or full time.I have friends that do Mary Kay,candles,purses etc...they are successful,but it has taken alot of work and dedication.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If it were easy, a lot of people would work from home. Lucrative jobs from home that don't involve selling or daycare are few and far between.

Good luck!
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
how much do u mean by decent paycheck?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Yep. My WAH friends love their jobs and that's why they do it, but they all either have daycare/sitters or do an "opposite shift" situation where they only work after their husbands get home. 

Quoting KendallsMommee:

If it were easy, a lot of people would work from home. Lucrative jobs from home that don't involve selling or daycare are few and far between.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)