Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you have done

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

He stayed up until 530ish am playing GTA5(Grant Theft Auto 5) well he has had since August to start his unemployment, and just pussy foots around, well I have put 18 apps in and have only had one interview, with little to no experience  who is going to hire me? Well he was sleeping and about 10  minutes before 12 I told him he needs to get up, his reply I am up , when I told him he needs to get up he got pissed. I left him alone and came back  a few minutes later, and told him he needs to do what he can for our family , to get up and go take care of the paperwork all he needs is to bring them this one paper and we will even get back pay. :( He got up with such an attitude, stomped around, got dressed and slammed the door. Seriously you are setting such a great example right now.  I had been on him for over an hour to get up. Our car payment is two months behind, we have no phone service, (whatever not a need), our daughter is running out of body wash and hair stuff, we have no car insurance and I guess he wants to loose the car before doing anything. abut our financial problems. Am I wrong for being on his ass to get this done? I feel he is being immature, but who knows maybe I am the one. Should I talk to him when he gets home, or just thank him for going and taking care of what needed to be done. He has a job interview Monday, and has a pt 2 job interview to be a correctional officer. We won't be living off of unemployemnt long, but we do need it right now. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
So what are you asking?
mlg1989
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
He sounds really lazy and not doing enough to find employment. He needs to go door to door in the mean time and rake some lawns for cash or else that game would be out in the bay(in my case).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

It's BIL's, or it would be.  He got kicked out of the Navy for being 1% too fat, they warned him and he still didn't work to loose the weight. 

Quoting mlg1989:

He sounds really lazy and not doing enough to find employment. He needs to go door to door in the mean time and rake some lawns for cash or else that game would be out in the bay(in my case).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Your thoughts, and what you would do?

Quoting Anonymous:

So what are you asking?

mlg1989
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It's BIL's, or it would be.  He got kicked out of the Navy for being 1% too fat, they warned him and he still didn't work to loose the weight. 

Quoting mlg1989:He sounds really lazy and not doing enough to find employment. He needs to go door to door in the mean time and rake some lawns for cash or else that game would be out in the bay(in my case).

Yeah I would be telling him that his ass would be out on the street if he doesnt make some sort of effort to bring SOME money in.
He needs to stop being a little boy and get to work doing something other than video games imo.
Maybe bribe him with some sexual favors that you dont normally do and tell him if he puts in 10 applications that day and writes down all the places he applies to then you will do that favor for him.
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Why are you with him? Honest question.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Whoa...do I understand it right that he should've filed for unemployment in August and is just too lazy to do so???

My husband's company owner came in one day and shut the place down for good. My husband got on his cell phone and filed for unemployment before leaving the building - he was all set before I even knew he had lost his job. It's his responsibility just as much as working is. I'm a SAHM and him being on unemployment didn't disrupt our lifestyle a bit--he still provided for the house and paid the bills.

Anyway, that's the first thing I see wrong here. He sounds like he's not ready to be a man. I don't know what you can do to make him ready or force him, but lots of luck - I hate to hear about women and children suffering because the men responsible for them are lazy, selfish and immature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting Sbellemommy:

Why are you with him? Honest question.

I do not feel this is a reason for a divorce. He has always provided for us up until he lost his job, he has three different job interviews, but it's frustraing when he does things like this. No marriage is perfect, but to walk out of it over this isn't what I want for my DD. He just needs a push to do what's needed. Some don't and that is great, but mine does. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

We were in another state at the time, we had to wait until the end of the month for the Navy to move us to MO. Once we got her he filed a few days later, they requested a paper which he sent in, but it never made it. He lost the other copies of the same paper in which I found yesterday for him. He tried to call them yesterday to get a fax number but they kept disconnecting us saying all the reps are helping other people and the hold liners were full. So I told him to go to the office, which is where he is atm. After he left we recieved a call from another company for  a job interview. Hopefully here in a few weeks he will have another job. 

Quoting MommyAddie:

Whoa...do I understand it right that he should've filed for unemployment in August and is just too lazy to do so???

My husband's company owner came in one day and shut the place down for good. My husband got on his cell phone and filed for unemployment before leaving the building - he was all set before I even knew he had lost his job. It's his responsibility just as much as working is. I'm a SAHM and him being on unemployment didn't disrupt our lifestyle a bit--he still provided for the house and paid the bills.

Anyway, that's the first thing I see wrong here. He sounds like he's not ready to be a man. I don't know what you can do to make him ready or force him, but lots of luck - I hate to hear about women and children suffering because the men responsible for them are lazy, selfish and immature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)