Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party (and kids) advice needed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Got an invite to an engagement party.   It was addressed to hubby and I so I assumed that the kids werent invited.   Tried to find a sitter but the times werent working out to cover the party and the travel time (to/from) without getting two sitters.  So we decided that since its my family I would go and hubby would stay with kids (we have 3).   So I RSVP (by text)  that its just me and get the reply "You really dont want to bring the kids".   

Long story short my son gets a party invite to his friends bowling birthday so perfect, hubby will take him to that and then maybe bowl with the other two kids while I go to party.   So now I dont know how to respond to text.  I dont want it to seem like a kiddie party is more important.   

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Tell them that you feel you would have a better time if you didn't have to worry about them so DH volunteered to take them to a birthday party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I like this.   And they are younger (3, 5&7) and would be the only kids there.   

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell them that you feel you would have a better time if you didn't have to worry about them so DH volunteered to take them to a birthday party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)