Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potential for a story or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I start writing?

Options:

Yes! I want more!

No way! Boring!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

Had an interesting dream this morning in the time I was sleeping after my husban left for work and before I had to wake the kids up. In the dream my husband, the kids and I were visiting an old uncle of mine. He was in the middle of selling weapons to some pretty bad guys but while they were grabbing the money to pay him he had to leave so he told the other men that my husband would finish the transaction. I was watching the transaction from my window, inside the house, to make sure it didn't go sour. The kids were asleep in bed. Suddenly the room started filling up with cats and kittens. I got distracted by petting them. There were even a couple of my old cats from when I was a kid. (Dreams are weird this way lol) anyway I remembered I was supposed to be watching my husband. I went back to the window in enough time to see him being dragged into the SUV unconscious and a guy loading a gun and walking to the door. I crawled as fast as I could to the door to lock it and the guy started to open the door and I pushed it closed as fast as I could and locked it, so scared that he would shoot right through it. Some how the dream skips to me being outside with two of the men with guns. The guns turned out to be poison dart guns that looked like hand guns and could hold hundreds of darts. Lucky for me I was wearing my big fluffy down coat. Somehow this made it hard for the darts to enter my skin. One of the guys thought he would be clever and get closer to me and shoot but he tripped and loosened his grip on the gun and before he could gather his whits again I took the gun and started shooting. I shot both of the men about twenty time each before the poison finally took effect and knocked them unconscious. Before they fell asleep one said to the other that they had about 18 minutes to wake up and so that gave me a 18 minute timer to get my kids out and start running. Then the alarm woke me up! I hate the alarm! I wanted to see what happened next. Maybe I have a great story to start writing?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
You lost me at the room filling with cats and kittens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Me too.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

You lost me at the room filling with cats and kittens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

the point was it was a distraction from my husband and the transaction; beside who can tell how dreams work? They just are wierd sometimes....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
It makes it an interesting dream, but a pretty dumb and disconected story.

Quoting Anonymous:

the point was it was a distraction from my husband and the transaction; beside who can tell how dreams work? They just are wierd sometimes....

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should start writing it. You can figure out what the distraction is later. You don't have to leave it at cats, ya know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It makes it an interesting dream, but a pretty dumb and disconected story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow who says that if I wrote the story I would even add that part? It has a potential to be a good story if I can make it fluid enough to make sense.... I think people have gotten so used to judging others they are becoming rude... And no imagination.... If you have one use it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)