Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss wraps!!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 28 Replies

I know these have been talked about before and I am not one of those that thinks they actually make you lose weight and keep it off, my question is, good idea to get them and use them right before a big event? Just lose some water weight? 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I had a fellow SSgt use them to lose a few inches before our PT test. It worked but she gained the weigh and inches lost and then some. I stick with clean eating and hardwork if you want real results. Also I've seen the pin interest if you want to try a homemade version versus spending the 70 bucks. 

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

My husband's homecoming is soon and I wanted to do that just for water weight so I look better for the day, plus I'm sure AF is going to show up right before he gets here. Lol. I've lost about 50 pounds since he's been gone, just wanted that little extra.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I had a fellow SSgt use them to lose a few inches before our PT test. It worked but she gained the weigh and inches lost and then some. I stick with clean eating and hardwork if you want real results. Also I've seen the pin interest if you want to try a homemade version versus spending the 70 bucks. 

TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My friend used them and said it kept her tight for a few days then went back to normal.. So before you need to squeeze into an outfit sure,but don't expect your body to stay that way.

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Lol. The dress is pretty loose-fitting so I don't need to squeeze into the outfit, just wanted it to look better. Definitely not expecting long term results, I've lost 50 pounds since he left, just know there's going to be tons of pictures do wanted that extra little something. Lol

Quoting TheDrsRose:

My friend used them and said it kept her tight for a few days then went back to normal.. So before you need to squeeze into an outfit sure,but don't expect your body to stay that way.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Congrats on his homecoming... Hydrate well... Like drinking half your body weight in water daily. I know when I don't hit my water in take I feel bloated. Also they have water weight pills if you must. 

Quoting our.love.story:

My husband's homecoming is soon and I wanted to do that just for water weight so I look better for the day, plus I'm sure AF is going to show up right before he gets here. Lol. I've lost about 50 pounds since he's been gone, just wanted that little extra.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

My Mom did them a couple times, lost alot of water weight for a couple days but it came right back.  I think it was pretty expensive, too!

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Thanks!! :) I have one of those "Big Gulp" cups that fit like 44 ounces and I drink at least 5 of those a day. Lol. I actually have nothing but water and milk in my house to drink. I'm just sure that the witch will be visiting and I always feel so awful that day and you know how many pictures will be taken that day, that's all.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Congrats on his homecoming... Hydrate well... Like drinking half your body weight in water daily. I know when I don't hit my water in take I feel bloated. Also they have water weight pills if you must. 

Quoting our.love.story:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

They are pretty expensive, I'm only looking for short term results. I might give them a try or I found some on Pinterest that are homemade that a PP suggested I might try.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

My Mom did them a couple times, lost alot of water weight for a couple days but it came right back.  I think it was pretty expensive, too!

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting our.love.story:

They are pretty expensive, I'm only looking for short term results. I might give them a try or I found some on Pinterest that are homemade that a PP suggested I might try.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

My Mom did it before my Dad's retirement party to fit into a gorgeous dress, and she did, so it was totally worth it and she loved it!

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! My husband is coming home from deployment and we've hired a professional photographer so I want to look as good as I can. Lol. 

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting our.love.story:

Quoting rebeccab1966:

My Mom did it before my Dad's retirement party to fit into a gorgeous dress, and she did, so it was totally worth it and she loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)