Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those moms who don't like their kids around the unvaccinated?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My son is vaccinated but we recently discovered for sure that my 18 month old cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. She has had no vaccines at all. I have always been neutral and open minded about this issue, but I know that others are not.

If you're one of the parents that doesn't like your kids around the unvaccinated, how do you feel about kids who medically can't be vaccinated?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

You know, i just really can't think of a single moment when I was with a group of moms and the topic of vaccines has come up. So really, I'd have no idea if your kid was vaccinated or not nor would I care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quoting Mamabear010:

You know, i just really can't think of a single moment when I was with a group of moms and the topic of vaccines has come up. So really, I'd have no idea if your kid was vaccinated or not nor would I care.

That's how I always felt! It actually came up at a play date today which was extremely ironic. I just stayed out of the conversation.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, if your kid is vaccinated and therefore protected from those who are not, j don't understand the logic either way
Mama07Shorty
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

agree with this mom

Quoting Mamabear010:

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I have no idea who does or does not vaccinate in my mom groups. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Y'all are super nice lol. I debated posting this because I know vaccine posts get crazy. I was just curious.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
people get so upset over this topic and idk y. oh my kids wont be around unvaccinated ppl. yea rightt gimmie a freakin break. first of all, MOST adults dont keep up with the required booster shots for this or that, second people think their kid is "safe. at daycare or school....ummits not exactly hard to file religious exemption. ijs you nd your kids are around more unvaccinated people everydy than you think you are. people need to chiil out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I've never heard of not allowing a child around an un-vaxed child. If  a child is vaxed it doesn't matter what diseases the other kids have. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Quoting caligirl7613:

people get so upset over this topic and idk y. oh my kids wont be around unvaccinated ppl. yea rightt gimmie a freakin break. first of all, MOST adults dont keep up with the required booster shots for this or that, second people think their kid is "safe. at daycare or school....ummits not exactly hard to file religious exemption. ijs you nd your kids are around more unvaccinated people everydy than you think you are. people need to chiil out

That's what I think about it, too. It does bother me that I can't vaccinate her since I planned on it. I need to do some more research to get comfortable with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)