Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 10 month old ate a bar of soap

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Today I could not find the soap in the bathroom. No one could find it.

I looked everywhere. I joked about with my DH saying maybe our DD ate it..

Tonight after putting the new white cover on the bed for the first time I took in DD for a cuddle and some milk. 

She was a little restless so I sat her up and rubber her back and she threw up a massive amount! it smelt so sour and horrible and a little what I imagine soap would smell like after sitting in her tummy all day. 

Poor little thing has been in a cycle of sleeping, waking, heaving and vomiting all night. 

I called the poisons hotline just in case but the lady assured me it wouldn't do damage. 

If she did eat it she would have had to eaten the whole bar because I couldn't find any left overs anywhere!!!

She probably wont be doing that again..

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I bet that sucks! I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

. I found my 10 month old eating TP just yesterday.... UGH Seriously baby proofing is not as easy as it seems!!!! Hope she feels better asap.

villagemamma
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

gotta love kids... poor baby. hope she feels better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Its almost all gone out of her system now. She is sleeping ad she looks comfortable. I actually slept next to her crib on the floor because I was worried

Quoting TheDrsRose:

I bet that sucks! I hope she feels better soon!


nelliesmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Poor thing.
lovemyhoney19
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Omg I hope she gets better soon! Where did she get it from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
4 moms liked this
It's sad your 10 month old BABY was left unsupervised long enough to eat a whole bar of soap and NO ONE knew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

The bathroom. I try to make sure the door is closed all the time but my 5 year old forgets and likes to get in and out of there as quick as possible. We would keep it up on the sink but the sink is tiny so it sits on the edge of the bath. Everytime I go in I place it on the edge far away so DD 10 months cant reach it but kids keep putting it back. 10 month old loves the bathroom. I usually follow her in because she loves the bath toys so much. But I guess someone left the door open today and she was so quick and quite. Before I even knew it the soap was gone. 

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Omg I hope she gets better soon! Where did she get it from?


Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I hope she gets to feeling better soon. My DD tries to eat dog food, toilet paper, wipes. Blahhh Anything that she can get ahold of, it goes to her mouth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I must say I was expecting a comment like this. I'm not perfect. sometimes if she is very quite she slips away easily. its getting harder now that she is moving around very fast and she hates being confined to a walker or high chair. I'm the first to admit that if the day gets hectic I can lose track of her for 2 or so minutes but usually the house is pretty baby safe, besides the soap in the bathroom which turns out isnt harmful, but sadly is upsetting her tummy at the moment. I have heard of perfectly good mothers who find their kids eating dog poo in the back yard. 

Quoting chasinrainbows:

It's sad your 10 month old BABY was left unsupervised long enough to eat a whole bar of soap and NO ONE knew.


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)