Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old got into a fight!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Okay so it wasn't a fight with punching or pushing. But my dd and another girl spit on each other. WTF?! 

I have never known my kid to spit. Ever! I've seen her get mad and fuss, but never spitting. The teacher saw my dd spit. She didn't see the other kid do it. I had a long talk with my dd and she says that the other spit on her first. I believe dd. Only because it is just such a bazaar thing for her to do. Her teacher agreed that it is very out of character for her. 

From what I could get from dd, they were playing and they had some kind of disagreement about what game to play. It was near the end of recess and as they were lining up to go inside, the girl was in front of her, turned around, and spit on dd. Dd immediately spit back and the teacher only saw dd. 

I think that it is probably something that the other girl does. My kid just had a snap reaction. I do not agree with what my kid did. Spitting is gross! I told her this, and said that if something like this happens again, she can stand up for her self by speaking firmly and telling them to stop. If they do it again, she should tell her teacher.

I have to admit though, I don't like how my dd handled her self, but I am proud of her for letting the girl know that she couldn't be bullied without their being a consequence.

We are having a parent/teacher conference tomorrow and I plan on bringing up the fact the other girl spit first. I'm also going to ask if there are other issues with this kid. Dd has told me that there are some kids in her class that have pushed and hit each other. There is also a little boy that is always getting into trouble. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I forgot to mention that my dd was shaking and bawling her eyes out when I picked her up today. She also kept saying she was sorry over and over again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)