Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel bad telling people if you go to the bar?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

I went to the bar last night. 

Stayed the night with  my BFF at her house

Woke up this morning and went to breakfast.  My BFF has a daughter and one of the parents from the class her daughter is in was there and she asked what we were up to and we were just catching up.  BFF was like, "Yah we went out, trying to beat the hang over and eat!"  She looked so sad at us and said "You guys get to go out?"  We were like, "yah, we over did it."  (In reality we did but we didn't get to the bar til 1a and it closes at 2a.)  Then she looks at both of us and is all "You don't have to work?  You get to stay home?"  With the saddest look on her face. 

OMG I was thinking in my head I don't want to talk about it anymore because I do work and I work in a very professional area, my days off are just odd and my son goes with his dad so I have girls night on weird nights.  But I don't want to explain that to every one.

When we got in the car my BFF was like "That girl works so much, she works at the restaurant until 4pm and then she has to go straight to another job, she is at work every day of the week." 

Then I felt even worse because she sounded so sad to learn that we were just out having a good time and she's busting her ass working.  

She's a single mommy too.  But we are different.  I'm technically a single parent but I co-parent and my BFF is engaged and her daughter knows her fiance as dad so we both get a lot of help so I always feel bad to know that some people are just struggling so hard. I struggle too mostly because of tuition, but it's different, KWIM??

idk just a little rant/vent

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lcplaygroupie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Things like that happen no matter what the situation. I'm a SAHM and I had some issues with a friend who stays home also because her husband doesn't let her do a lot, spend "extra" money, go out to eat, decorate. Once I realized it bothered her I just toned it down around her. You weren't trying to make her feel bad and yes your situations are different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaughtTot
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM

that sucks for your friend, seems pretty controlling

Quoting lcplaygroupie:

Things like that happen no matter what the situation. I'm a SAHM and I had some issues with a friend who stays home also because her husband doesn't let her do a lot, spend "extra" money, go out to eat, decorate. Once I realized it bothered her I just toned it down around her. You weren't trying to make her feel bad and yes your situations are different.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I don't go to bars so no. I don't have friends to go with. But I kind of like hearing everyone else talk about it.
TaughtTot
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Make friends at the bar???  lol jkjk it might not be the best thing to do.

Quoting kdjdod081013:

I don't go to bars so no. I don't have friends to go with. But I kind of like hearing everyone else talk about it.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That seems like asking for trouble lol. I go when I back home but that's usually to have a few shots and harass my aunt. She's the bartender.and I grew up in that bar.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Make friends at the bar???  lol jkjk it might not be the best thing to do.

Quoting kdjdod081013:

instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I never go to the bar, if I did I wouldn't feel bad.
rockinmomto2
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM

That sucks, but you should never feel bad for getting to have fun. I go out to bars with my friends pretty often and I don't feel bad about it.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM

No I never felt bad for telling people I over indulged at the bar, it's not my fault they are where they are in life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I don't know any adults who would go to the bar and have a sleep over.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Sounds like she NEEDS to go. Talk to her and see if there is a way she can have a night off and work the next day in the afternoon so she can have some fun. Women need to have fun. If she can't go out maybe have some fun at her house one night or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN