Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old Ds loves a boy

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

We walked out of kinder today and my Ds is saying goodby to all his friends and one in particular, " T "  a boy, walks by. My son  says " bye T, I love you!"  There is a parent walking near us that says to their child " Don't even think about saying something like that!" She said it rather rudely as though my son said something wrong. Even though my child is a boy, can't he tell a friend , who happens to be a  boy, that he loves him? What do you think?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hopeym23
by J3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

That is ridiculous that she said that.  It is sweet.

BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That was sweet.that mom is probably a homophobe.
Nicki1995
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Bump...
wanderingmuse
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's sad. My son is the same age and he likes to hug his play mates to say hi. Another mom will let him hug her daughter but the boys have to high 5. Idk, I think it's silly and way to early to assign sexuality to either gesture.
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So what? He said, "I love you" with all the sweetness of a child. People need to get over themselves. And guess what? If he grows up and prefers boys over girls? He's still your child and you will still love him. Blah to her. Encourage your boy to be just as sweet always as he is now.

sunrisekn
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sanctimommy needs to chill out. My son is 7 and they all tell each other they love each other. They hug and say I love you, his teacher says this is the sweetest class she's ever had. She said when she puts baby animals or babies on the projector, hey all say Awwww! Lol 

jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd is in kindergarten too, and says I love you to her friends as well.. 

I wouldn't feel any different if my nephew did the same, lol (he's in my dd's class too). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)