Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BEAUTY MAMAS HELP!!! part 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

thank you ladies for all the tips yesterday my dd's "razor" bumps went down considerably

now a new question is,all of my dd's foundations look ashy,even after applying primer and washing her face and moisturizing.we've tried 3 different foundations and they all flake in between her eye brows and on her nose and just looks like we threw powder on her face

so questions

1.how can we pick the proper color for her? do we hold it up to her face or her neck and chest? 

2.how can we make it not ashy.....me and dd dont wear make up usually so we're completely ignorant on how to apply it properly.we've tried a brush,a sponge and her hands but they all end up the same way

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM

bump

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Mineral make-up? 

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Hire a makeup artist?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
How old is DD, whats her skin type? Does she need to wear foundation? I would avoid foundation and use a tinted bb cream to even out tone and protect her skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
If you are seeing flakiness- she needs to exfoliate the skin. You can just use some baking soda and water, then come back in with a good moisturizer that is not to heavy. Match her color to the inside of her forearm to get a pretty close match
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is DD, whats her skin type? Does she need to wear foundation? I would avoid foundation and use a tinted bb cream to even out tone and protect her skin.

its for her wedding

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting cateringtomel:

Hire a makeup artist?

to late for that,her wedding is sunday

abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Do you live near a Sephora or a mall? Go there and they will help.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM
There are plenty who will do last minute weddings just look for someone and it doesn't hurt to ask. Or does she not have any gfs who know how to apply makeup? Have them do it

Quoting Anonymous:Quoting cateringtomel:Hire a makeup artist?
to late for that,her wedding is sunday
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Call the makeup counter at any department store, they'll do it for "free" just buy some of the product they use, even if its just one eyeshadow!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

its for her wedding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)