Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cold sores

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Have you ever had one and what is your first thought when u see someone with a cold sore?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I feel badly for them.  Two of my friends get them a few times a year and I know they can be painful. Plus they look very hard to conceal.

Katkinson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I don't think anything.   yes, i've had one.  I get one every time I have a fever then get better.  I usually try to use abreva when the area starts feeling tingly and numb ( then I know one is coming).  Sometimes it prevents them, sometimes it does not. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
No. I can't say I have seen them lately on anyone.

TEA TREE OIL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I get them a few times a year. They are painful and the last one before last was the most painful cause it was in the corner of my mouth so I couldn't open my mouth much and when I would open my mouth the sore would split and bleed. I feel bad for anyone who gets them cause they are embarrassing to have. I got my first one when I was 22.
breezeP8N
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I get them 2 times a year.. I have an RX ointment that i put on the second i feel it coming and its usually not that bad. Same spot every time.. looks like a little pimple in the middle of my lip. Ive seen some that are ENORMOUS.. i feel awful for them

melissanoel
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I've had cold sores. They gross me out even though I've had them. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I have been getting them everytime I get a damn cold. I out alcohol on them to dry them up and they embarrass me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

My beautiful teenage dd gets them. They are so bad it will spread down one side of her face. Thankfully her dermatologist prescribed valtrex, it works super well. If she takes it when she feels it coming then she won't have a breakout at all. She has had them since she was four. :(

I feel bad when I see someone with them. I want to run up and tell them all the things that we have found that work well for my dd, but they would prob think I'm some kind of weirdo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I've been getting them since I was a kid due to the oral herpes virus. I hardly ever get one now but I still do once in a while. I rinse my mouth with salt water & use Abreva if I get a fever blister on my lip. You can also get a prescription  for valtrex if it's bad.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I just feel badly for them.  My best friend and my Mom get them all the time, they can be so painful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)