Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disgusting....is what my parents call ds's gf

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
2 moms liked this

ds is a 27 year old man,his gf is 22,they are..... different.ds has haf his head shaved,dyed raven black and has tattoos all over him,his gf has short(ish) bright red hair and has tattoos all over,idk why they call her disgusting when their grandson is pretty much the same way. i absolutly love his gf,shes sweet and whenever we go to my parents house for thanksgiving she always helps in the kitchen,she just looks a little different. this year we're going to my parents house again for thanksgiving,and this year the gf has her nostril pierced,it looks cute on her,my parents are already saying that she better take it out before she gets to their house........1.she cant switch it for 6 months and 2.theres nothing wrong with it....plus they are blind so they wont even notice the tiny stud in her nose

my son doesnt care what they say about her and i dont think she cares either but its just like....come on your grandson is the same way! your grandson has his eye brow pierced for christ sake

just venting

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

bump

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

It doesn't matter how you look, it's personality more than anything

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM
4 moms liked this

I had some of the same problems with my family concerning my DH when he and I first started dating.  Either they'll learn to accept her because she is someone that your DS obviously cares for, or they'll learn to shut up about it.

Or he'll tell them all to fuck off until they learn to act like adults.  That's what worked with my family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quoting kysmama08:

well i know that lol my parents think something is wrong with her because she looks the way she does

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Yet they have nothing against your son dressing the same kind of way? They must just be old school and because it's their grandson they don't look at it as bad as they do with it being his gf.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

well i know that lol my parents think something is wrong with her because she looks the way she does

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting kysmama08:

Yet they have nothing against your son dressing the same kind of way? They must just be old school and because it's their grandson they don't look at it as bad as they do with it being his gf.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

yeah they made a face when he showed up with his eye brow piercing and his tattoos but they just brushed it off as him trying to be a "rocker" (he plays guitar) but all of a sudden a girl in the same mind set as him(shes a singer) they think somethings wrong with her

MarchHare3
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Well they would definitely hate me. I have purple hair and my lip pierced. Old tend to not take kindly to my looks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting MarchHare3:

Well they would definitely hate me. I have purple hair and my lip pierced. Old tend to not take kindly to my looks.

my in laws LOVE her(they are the same age as my parents),she knows how to bbq so when she goes over with ds they let her cook LOL they have never said anything about her tattoos or clothes

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That's sad! They should be thankful he found someone he likes and shares the same interests with :) and she helps in the kitchen lol always a plus

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

yeah they made a face when he showed up with his eye brow piercing and his tattoos but they just brushed it off as him trying to be a "rocker" (he plays guitar) but all of a sudden a girl in the same mind set as him(shes a singer) they think somethings wrong with her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting kysmama08:

That's sad! They should be thankful he found someone he likes and shares the same interests with :) and she helps in the kitchen lol always a plus

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kysmama08:

HA yep,she makes amazing food

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)