Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs What do you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I want to know what other SAHMs do.  What is your schedule like everyday?  Do you constantly do things with your LO?  Do you give them your undivided attention?  Do they plan independently?  If they do, is that enough?  Just curious what other SAHMs are like.  I do not give my LO undivided attention, she does play independently sometimes, and once in a while I try to plan things for us to do together such as crafts.  We go to the park, and we have outings once in a while that are geared for her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I do whatever I want. My kids are in school all day, so I clean, cook, work out, shop, socialize, or just sit on my ass. I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Good for you

Quoting Anonymous:

I do whatever I want. My kids are in school all day, so I clean, cook, work out, shop, socialize, or just sit on my ass. I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I only have 1 at home now while the others are in school BUT we go back to bed after dropping the rest off at school.Get up late, watch TV or she will play in her room. Then we go shopping at a mall/village stores or out to eat lunch and may go to the  grocery store, park or library Before picking up the kids

jorjiegirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Sleep in, watch cartoons, go to town, run errands, got to the park, laundry etc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I know, it's AWESOME! But sometimes I hate it too lol.  

Quoting ChewyBrownies:

Good for you

Quoting Anonymous:

lauraschatz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I do the same as you described. Some days are just running errands. Some days are just cleaning. Some days are fun days with my daughter.
jharley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM
When mine were littler I would have them try to play independently, this would allow me to keep up with basic hoyse work. Heavier cleaning for nap time. At least once as day we woulkdf play outside, ball, walk, seasonal activities, occasionally we would picnic in the yard. These things I do now in the summer. With them in school I do all my shopping, laundry, heavy cleaning, volunteer in classes, and in their schools, pto meetings. I stay pretty busy.
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Today we had a music/ dance party. Every day is different. Crafts, parks, library, music class, learning, play....

I clean and such, but most of my day is with ds
sfcontreras13
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Cook,clean, homeschool my 2 lil ones try and workout every other day and when I have free time I love to read!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I feel guilty when I spend most of the time cleaning, or if I am busy working on "my" stuff.  I cant help but feel guilty when I tell her no, or when I sit her in front of the tv so I can get some cleaning done.  Even though we do a lot together.  My oldest is in school all day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)