Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no connection

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant and I feel like I have no connection to my son. People exclaim and coo over how much I must already love him and I just can't help thinking to myself that no, I don't really feel anything towards him. Is this normal? Am I going to be a horrible mom? It's already eating me up inside that I have no emotional connection. Has anyone else felt this way?? Does it change after the birth??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM
It changes when the baby is born
LectioDivina
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

No...it doesn't come until the birth for some people...and for some it takes a few weeks after birth.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I was not connected to this pregnancy at all the way I was to my last one. I'm 39 weeks now and very excited to meet her. It does change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I never felt this way about any of my pregnancies BUT hopefuly it will change after your child is born

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I didn't feel anything for my ds until I held him for the first time. 

LectioDivina
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

When I was pregnant after I had twins I was terrified that I'd never be able to live the new baby as much as I loved the twins.

Then I saw her chubby cheeks :)

kristendani
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I didn't really ever feel a connection when I was pregnant nor did I right after she was born. It took a good couple weeks before I could really feel a strong connection. Now I can't even imagine leaving her for two seconds lol. It is totally normal if you don't feel anything right away, especially for first time moms.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I was the same way with all three of mine.
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Wait till the baby is here. It will change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM
It is like that for some. Sometimes it happens at birth and sometimes it can take a few weeks. It completely normal and I'm sure you will be a great mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)