Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

deal struck: Obama to sign order allowing private charity to pay death benefits to families of fallen troops until shutdown is over

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/09/20885072-white-house-private-foundation-to-cover-soldiers-death-benefits-lapse-until-shutdown-is-over?lite

this is so disgraceful. According to the DOD they told the White house this would happen, the White house is saying they werent aware it would. Who to believe? I think I believe the DOD. I remember reading an article prior to the shutdown that said death benefits would not be paid if the government shutdown.

Regardless, we shouldn't be depending on charities to do this. When those servicemembers joined, they signed a contract stating their families would be paid. Our government needs to uphold their end..not depend on a private charity to do it for them

New LOW for our government and country.

God bless the 26 souls who have died since this shutdown, and God bless those families who are now a pawn in this political mess.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Well as soon as that asshole stops acting like a two year old throwing a hissy fit, we can all move on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Well as soon as that asshole stops acting like a two year old throwing a hissy fit, we can all move on

they all need to stop throwing a temper tantrum.

Mish321
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

How very sad. It's getting worst everyday. 

PISCIS29
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
This and to believe I was rooting for the guy at the beginning of his term. Now I wish there were a way to in vote him or something.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

km1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't the congress men and women who claim they will donate their paychecks to charity donate it to the the fallen soldiers' families?

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It angers me a "deal" has to be signed. Its so disgraceful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Quoting km1970:

Why don't the congress men and women who claim they will donate their paychecks to charity donate it to the the fallen soldiers' families?

or donate it to fisher house who has generiosly stepped up when the government stepped back.

I just read that the GI BILL will cease 11/1 if the shutdown continues. That is what prior service uses and what a lot sign up to get.

sad.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I was actually referring to that guy bohemer or whatever. I forgot how to spell his name

Quoting PISCIS29:

This and to believe I was rooting for the guy at the beginning of his term. Now I wish there were a way to in vote him or something.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I was actually referring to that guy bohemer or whatever. I forgot how to spell his name

Quoting PISCIS29:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

ah you mean bone head? err boehner.

ChewyBrownies
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I enjoy you.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Quoting PISCIS29:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)